No announcement yet.

Who has watched Floyd Mayweather live?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos Hernandez. Was a great fight.

Watching Floyd live is liking watching other trancendent athletes. He moved so smoothly and quickly he makes the other guy look like he's stuck in the mud.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKing View Post

Did you enjoy the fight...... his style

or was it boring as fu*k......
      I went to the Guerrero fight... I fell asleep after the 8th round... a lot of ppl will call me a casual for saying it was boring as f.uck... but after the 4th that s.hit was boring as f.uck...but the event was the s.hit... that no worries intro still has me pumped...

Comment

Mayweather-N'Dou, in GR. Van Andel arena holds 10,000, there were maybe 7,000 there. At the same time Troy Rowland was building into a MW contender and selling out the DeltaPlex arena at 5,000. Overheard multiple people while walking out complain it lacked the same excitement as Rowland's fights at the Delta Plex. In Mayweather's defense, Derek Gainer/Juan Marquez were the co-main. **** Derek Gainer.

The only standout memory I have of that event was that everyone in the arena would boo a particular ring card girl for wearing a denim skirt when the rest had bikini bottoms on. Eventually she broke down crying and they stopped making her go up.

Comment

I went and watched Mayweather-Marquez fight. It was my first ever prize fight and the Vegas experience was awesome but a lot of regulars to big fights that were there said it was pretty low key. I was a little disappointed in the card though, I got there early, excited as hell and nobody showed up until the main event. We sat up high and it was a pro Mexican crowd but the fight wasn't that great. A lot of Mexican fans were throwing beer at Mayweather as he walked out of the arena.

I have since been to many fight cards and I sit close and that makes all the difference in the world. I will never sit up high again.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Which 5 fights?
            baldomir
            oscar
            sugar
            marquez
            canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Mayweather-N'Dou, in GR. Van Andel arena holds 10,000, there were maybe 7,000 there. At the same time Troy Rowland was building into a MW contender and selling out the DeltaPlex arena at 5,000. Overheard multiple people while walking out complain it lacked the same excitement as Rowland's fights at the Delta Plex. In Mayweather's defense, Derek Gainer/Juan Marquez were the co-main. **** Derek Gainer.
              I totally forgot Marquez was on the undercard. I attended this card too. And remember Rowland & those DeltaPlex cards popping off a lot back then. Fun time to be a boxing fan in Michigan. I always find watching fights live as almost always exciting. Its hard for me not to appreciate something about the boxing. And Mayweather is on a whole other level so its always good stuff. This is probably one of Mayweather's peak performances.

Comment

I was at the Castillo rematch. The fight was dull and Floyd did fight cautiously, but to be fair Castillo lacked the intensity he brought to the first fight.

Comment

Working...
                X