Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Catch Weight vs Canelo Is A Criminally Underrated ***** Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As hypocritical as it was... as humans we are all hypocrites at some stage in our lives... In my opinion... much like Manny... Floyd realized after Cotto that he doesn't belong at 154 and probably (like Manny) thought he doesn't want to fight there anymore. However the Canelo fight was building momentum and it made business sense to make the fight. Floyd no longer wants to fight at 154 and Canelo said he would meet at a catch-weight. It is as simple as that in my book.

Comment

"When Canelo was 19 years old he said he would fight Floyd at 150! Floyd taking this fight at 152 just shows how great he is"

^^^^^^^^^^^I seen a lot of posts like this from the Floyd diehards during the build up of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
        "When Canelo was 19 years old he said he would fight Floyd at 150! Floyd taking this fight at 152 just shows how great he is"

^^^^^^^^^^^I seen a lot of posts like this from the Floyd diehards during the build up of the fight.
        Could you imagine seeing the guy in your sig in the street, and he ends uppunking you and your like, pfft, who the **** is this little twerp. You go in for the kill and wake 2 months later defecating into a tube..Jesus....

Anyways, I agree, this is why I think it's so underrated. Everytime it gets talked about, people blow it off with comments like above.

Comment

"I don't fight guys at catch weights" - Floyd Mayweather Jr during the FaceOff with Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            I only think it's funny because when Floyd fought Cotto at 154 he was saying Cotto was really undefeated since he fought Pacquiao at a catchweight and was drained. So using that same logic Canelo is still undefeated.

Comment

A title UNIFCATION fight at a CW?? What a joke! Floyd was first fighting at jr mw when Canelo was like 17 yrs old. Lol

Comment

Canelo is still an undefeated fighter.

Comment

It looks bad since he spent so much time denigrating Pacquiao for fighting at catch weights. It may have been a ***** move, but not nearly as much as it was in not fighting Manny. And the same goes for manny, it was a ***** move for him not fight Floyd. i hope Floyd, Manny, and Arum's PPVs all fail because of the contemptious ways they treated the fans. wishful thinking.

the only thing more of a ***** move in floyd and manny not facing each other is the way their fanatical fans defend them.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                    I'm not one to be on Mayweather ducking people, as I think that is extrememly overstated, however......

What do you think about it? Makes absolutely no sense when Mayweather had fought at a full 154 twice before.

WTF was that all about anyways.
                    Canelo not only said he was willing to fight Floyd at 150,but Canelo comes in as high as 174 on fight night.Canelo came in at 172 for the Trout fight and 174 for the Angulo fight-and Floyd has never fought anyone that big.Cotto fought Margarito at 153 and fought previous fighters at 154,where`s your complaint?Pacquiao fought Oscar at 147 but fought Cotto at 145,where`s your complaint?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      A title UNIFCATION fight at a CW?? What a joke! Floyd was first fighting at jr mw when Canelo was like 17 yrs old. Lol
                      ODh and Bhop fought a unification bout at 157. Sweet pea and chavez fought a unification fight at 145( i think).

Comment

Working...
                      X