Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Roy Jones Jr take steroids/enhancement drugs for his entire career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .-|Akrobatic|-. View Post
    it is? lol
    Do some research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Jones,_Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      And although what he took was Androstenedione and it was not banned by every organisation, Only the IBF. While this may be true it was still a steroid and he was caught with it in his system. Alot of boxers use supplements but taking steroids is just cheating, And it's a shame that he wasnt punished for what he did.
      He tested postive for a anabolic steroid:

Indiana Boxing Commissioner Jacob Hall
      BRC: You do know that Ripped Fuel could possibly have been the cause of the positive test result?

JHALL: Roy's attorney, Fred Levin said that Roy was taking that. I do not know that (Ripped Fuel) is what he was taking.
      http://www.braggingrightscorner.com/sarajhall1.html
      It was Jones's people that said it was ripped fuel, it was never confirmed if that story was true or false. Earlier Murad Muhammad had said it was Nasal spray which caused the positive result:

Jacob Hall: “All I saw on any of the websites was that Murad Muhammad said Roy Jones tested positive for take some (nasal decongestant). But that was innaccurate. This was not a nasal decongestant.”

boxingin$ider.com: Does the state of Nevada have a law on drug testing?

Jacob Hall: “Yes. Most states do not. Nevada does have drug testing. I think most people are surprised at that…they think all boxers are tested. For some time I’ve tried to get a law passed similar to Nevada but we haven’t got that done yet. If the sanctioning bodies choose not to take action, there isn’t a lot the state commissions can do. That’s why I’m in favor of a Federal Commission like the one Senator John McCain is proposing.”

Jacob Hall: “Both of them did. Roy Jones tested positive for steroids. He was five or six times over an acceptable level. Hall was about ten times above an acceptable level. He didn’t mention that in his interview (the now infamous interview of July 18 with Bragging Rights Corner and Doghouse Boxing).
      So he did test positive. He did take Ripped Fuel.

Whether that’s what he took or not we don’t know, but he did test positive and admitted to taking a steroid.

The IBF chose to do nothing. They wanted a second test to be done. But why take a second test when he failed the first one and admitted to taking a steroid? That’s where it ended.
      http://www.boxingin$ider.com/headlines/flashback-when-roy-jones-tested-positive/
      change $ to s
      Last edited by Toney616; 07-23-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        The IBF wanted to ignore the whole affair from the start, they had make it look like they were doing something which is why they sent Jones a letter 5 months later. . It has never been confirmed what the source of Jones's positive test result was, only Jones's team claims it was due to Ripped Fuel, there original story was nasal spray

BRC: Care to talk about over the counter supplements and steroids?

DR. GOODMAN: It is true to some degree that there are some kinds of substances than can be in some over the counter preparations that will break down and show up as a steroid but that's pretty far and few between and there are tests that an accepted laboratory can do to distinguish between what is actually true anabolic steroids versus something that was put in an over the counter supplement. It is important for boxers to take control of their own lives and look at what someone is giving them to take, just like Fernando (Vargas) realized.
        http://www.braggingrightscorner.com/saramgoodman1.html
        Last edited by Toney616; 07-24-2010, 06:06 AM.

Comment

This is for Champion4ever.

Comment

Idiots in this thread... when people ask if there's a God, and why he would do bad things to us. Just visit this thread and you'll see why a God would smite his creation.

Jones definitely did PEDs.

Take a look at MMA or K1. The last 25 years have shown what PEDs do for athletes. Vitor Belfort anyone?

That being said, I do think Jones was a great fighter. He's clearly not what his nut-huggers think he is. But the dude was probably one ofthe 50 best ever.

Comment

- -Shout it load and shout it proud Rustymon, Andro an Clen were legal over the counter supplements sold in thousands of stores to body builders.

You "think" Roy is a drug cheat absent any evidence, proving you drink more than you think.

Just wait until the drug testing cartels ban drinking to hear you howl.

Comment

Originally posted by RayLeonard82 View Post
                Roy took ripped fuel which only cuts your body up faster. It doesnt enhance your abilities. Ripped fuel was popular at local GNC stores back in the 90s.
                Originally posted by Toney616;8878873[B
                ]I dont think he took steroids during his whole career, but I do believe he took them for a number of his fights at lhw[/B].

Also steroid testing didnt start in boxing until 2002, the state of Indiana were way ahead of the curve testing that early, which is why Jones got caught.
                Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                What he took was a steroid hormone. This would have increased his performence no doubt. Steroids don't make you fitter or more agile but they do make you alot stronger.
                Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -Shout it load and shout it proud Rustymon, Andro an Clen were legal over the counter supplements sold in thousands of stores to body builders.

You "think" Roy is a drug cheat absent any evidence, proving you drink more than you think.

Just wait until the drug testing cartels ban drinking to hear you howl.
                i think Roy juiced for his lhw fights, i remember virgil hill talking about how incredible roy's punching power was when he knocked hill out. roy's power seemed to increase in an unnatural way when he moved up to 175

Comment

- -I see no evidence of you thinking.

You been drinkin' again?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -I see no evidence of you thinking.

You been drinkin' again?
                    The town halfwit talking about others thought process, ain't that somethin'

Heres my take: Athletes follow athletic trends because they want any advantage. Roy did what others were doing. There is legitimate medical information that can be sought: Victor Conte for example had a practice of providing detailed analysis of trace elements in the body and as I explained to our resident town half wit, at a certain level whether these substances are steriodal (for growth) or for maintenance is an artificial distinction.

Then there is the way we heal with certain steriodal products. When we age we may require more hormones that trigger a rebuilding process. Does this make us stronger? Rhetorical question really...

To my way of thinking the difference between training hard, to put more muscle on to rebuild the body faster is different than something like blood doping for example. Most people think that steriods are something that one takes, that drastically will change them... well anything is like that! There was a lady who was convinced that eating carrots alone could make you healthy wealthy and wise, she killed herself of liver failure...Turns out too many carrots alters us!

The substances involved that act as a steriod in the body are usually part of training and not to just get a quik advantage...that is why people cycle on these drugs and don't just take them perpetually. If a man needs more wind in a fight and has someone sneak him a few pints of oxgenated blood in the arm, that is cheating, it is just an advantage with no sense of training, effort that works in tandem. Very different than lifting a lot, cycling with a testosterone product to aid that lifting training. All athletes uses the same sustances!
                    Last edited by billeau2; 02-24-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

- -Quarterwits moaning about half wits is it now?

Priceless, but reality shows what an early giant of wrestling an pioneer in training techniques and nutrition did for a bloated, liquored up JLSullivan for the Kilrain bareknucks title, the last lineal title of that ancient practice.

William Muldoon sequestered Sully in a virtual prison camp to first wean him off his delirious tremors.

Nobody but Muldoon could dare to manhandle him into control. Then he started a healthy diet and light but steady walking and weight training. Muldoon more than anyone knew he was dealing with an apex level of manhood in needing of proper repair and what the results would be, such by the time of the fight, Sully was in the best shape of his life.

Noteworthy that Muldoon packed foodstuffs grown from his own farm and water from his own springs to prevent any drugging attempt by use of locals bribed to adulterate any local meals, so Muldoon knew well of the dark elements of combat sports and human psychology.

You hambones of today would all be screaming drug cheat to see such rapid transformation, a herd of bleating sheeple!

Now, when you drive down your everyday roads at the speed limit, say 45mph, and one day it's changed to 35, a regular occurance in every community, but you are ticketed because you know the speed limit and aren't looking at speed limit signs, does that make you into a permanently lawbreaking miscreant, a judgement branded on your thick forehead for all of your time?

Like I say, Roy and his opponent both stated they used the same legal, over the counter supplement that resulted in a false positive test result not even close to you endangering innocent women and children with your reckless driving. Should they suspend your license too.

And when are you gonna stop beating your wife and pilfering from the passed donation bowl at church services?

So many Mr. Smartpants, yet only a single shared, beat up brain cell amount you.

C'est la vie.

Comment

Working...
                      X