Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyones thoughts on Margs comeback.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice comeback fight against a tough but limited guy who was game as hell.

Tony got exactly the kind of work he needed to sharpen up.

And entertained in the process and showed some nice moves too.

17k fans showed up for a tuneup to boot...... Eat that haters.

Comment

I didn't see the fight but I was thinking to myself the other day his suspension could have been a blessing in disguise if you think about it. I mean he took a BEATING by shane, a bad one. He took some shots from cotto. That **** adds up. He he would have got right back int he ring after shane, who knows maybe he's not ready. But this long ass layout, I think it did him some good, physically and mentally.

Comment

Margo just got back in the win column and you wanna see him get destroyed again.

PW is improving as a fighter.

Margorito is on a sharp decline.

This fight means nothing.

The rematch would be completely one sided.

Comment

Margarito looked like he got better technically under Robert Garcia but he doesn't have the strength at 154 that he had at 147, strength is a big part of his arsenal. He's still slow but it looked like he got faster because he shortened up on his punches, not throwing as many wide looping shots compared to before and he showed some pretty good, albeit clunky head movement along with a decent jab.

He could have some success at 154 but I think he's best served going back down to 147 if he can do it without too much trouble. At 154 he might not be able to impose his strength like he would be able to do with 147 pounders and he isn't going to be able to outbox better guys than Roberto Garcia.

Comment

i am willing to give him another chance.

Comment

i thought marg looked quite ordinary

Comment

I don't think he has any business at 154. Although he knocked the guy down in the first round, I don't think he ever had him seriously hurt. I did not like the fact that he was huffing and puffing by the 6th round. He needs to go back down to 147; but, I think the Cotto and Mosley fight might have taken their toll on Margarito. It may be time to hang them up.

Comment

Working...
                X