No announcement yet.

What % of PPV does Pacquiao get

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
    Too bad *******s never became reading comprehension experts.

They need some extra schooling.
    Extra schooling. lol. I'm pretty sure most of the *******s here don't even speak English as their first language. I can't stand the terrible grammar that's posted by most of the native English speakers here.

Comment

Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
      Extra schooling. lol. I'm pretty sure most of the *******s here don't even speak English as their first language. I can't stand the terrible grammar that's posted by most of the native English speakers here.
      Nah man, most of them are native English speakers and are from the US. You don't have to be Filipino to be a *******. Anyone can be one.

The ones from the Philippines obviously get a pass.

Comment

pac earned 22 mil vs jmm 3

25 mil vs cotto

20 mil vs shane

so if you know the total of his purse for all of thse fights, you can compute it easily...

Comment

it's like this. . here is a quick breakdown of how it works. EX: Pacquiao/Mosley fight Pacquiao got 65% I believe. 1.4 million buys (60? I believe it was 60 dollars for the HD; so just assuming all those were HD to make it easy) = 84 million(.65) = 54 million (.27 - Arum's cut) = 15 million. 54 million - 15 million = 39 million. Take out taxes, training expenses, etc. Pacquiao is netting about 25 million. . .

Comment

Originally posted by punchville View Post
            pac earned 22 mil vs jmm 3

25 mil vs cotto

20 mil vs shane

so if you know the total of his purse for all of thse fights, you can compute it easily...

Those are just the guarantees, so in case the fight is a total flop, the fighter gets that money and the promotor has to eat the loss.

Comment

I think you mean competency in english writing not reading comprehension. Beside, all this grammar correction on posts is overrated. Base on your post, you could understand the guy. That is all there is too it.

Comment

Is this best come back you *****s have? Another self proclaimed nut riding ***** owned. Man you guys are so delusional.

Comment

All I know is that you would have to be a dinner masher to care about this.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    it's like this. . here is a quick breakdown of how it works. EX: Pacquiao/Mosley fight Pacquiao got 65% I believe. 1.4 million buys (60? I believe it was 60 dollars for the HD; so just assuming all those were HD to make it easy) = 84 million(.65) = 54 million (.27 - Arum's cut) = 15 million. 54 million - 15 million = 39 million. Take out taxes, training expenses, etc. Pacquiao is netting about 25 million. . .
                    All ur math is correct, but its already known that he was given a 6 mil dollar purse, Bob said with PPV(against Mosley) he should make 20 million.....basically he got 14 million after profits from gate,ppv, etc.....this is exactly what vision quest was trying to tell Manny, he was being ripped off.....so 20 mil minus the deductions

Comment

Originally posted by Calabis View Post
                      All ur math is correct, but its already known that he was given a 6 mil dollar purse, Bob said with PPV(against Mosley) he should make 20 million.....basically he got 14 million after profits from gate,ppv, etc.....this is exactly what vision quest was trying to tell Manny, he was being ripped off.....so 20 mil minus the deductions

Maybe Manny doesn't get the 65% cut unless the PPV buys exceed a certain number. For example, For every PPV buy over, say, 500k Manny then gets 65% of the revenue, and Mosley gets 35%. . So, 900k(60)(.65) = x (total revenue for Manny before Arum's cut). x(.27) = y(Arum's cut from Manny). x - y = z (Manny's gross earning).

Also, that "6 million purse" is just the INITIAL CHECK Manny is cut immediately after the fight; it's what the commission cuts him. . . However, he then gets increments of the rest of the GUARANTEE (not counting PPV revenue) thereafter. . . I imagine that Manny made at least 30 million GROSS from the Mosley fight, and that he NETTED (after taxes, training expenses,etc.) around 18 million.
                      Last edited by UglyPug; 03-01-2012, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X