Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Boogeyman gets taken out by one of the brothers aka Floyd or Broner next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    We're talking about a guy who enters the ring at the low 150 lbs.

So Floyd says. I don't believe that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SOLARflare View Post
      So Floyd says. I don't believe that.
      He was 150 on fight night against Ortreez

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        There are ways of explaining his every bad performance at 147 away but the bottom line is that he performed better at 140.

What of Miguel Cotto who performs better at 147 but very averagely at 154? or Marcos Maidana who looks sluggish and undersized at '47?

Not to labour the point but you just can't tell how a fighter adjusts to a weight class until you see it.

Collazo's size was the main issue imo. Hatton couldn't physically bully his opponents at 147 like he could at 140 and Luis is a solid guy. Same with Senchenko who was more than able to drive Ricky back when he tried to impose himself.
        So you're saying that Cotto's jump from 140 to 147 was successful then. 154 is too much for Cotto. I will agree with you there but but Lucas' jump to 147 is equivalent to Cotto going to 147 not 154. Isn't that correct? I would say that Lucas would probably struggle at 154 though just like Cotto.

Maidana did struggle against Alexander. That had more to do with his skills and style than weight imo. That's why he changed trainers and has been improving since then. I believe he has 3 straight knockouts since that fight (against lesser opposition than Alexander though I will admit but still solid fighters).

I just want to clarify. I'm not opposed to a fight at 147 for Lucas prior to Floyd but I do think he'll be fine at the weight. It bothers me that he needs to win by KO though to impress you. No fighter can expect a KO every time out no matter how powerful they are. I think his power will carry up but that doesn't mean he will KO guys like Berto, Alexander or Bradley. None of them have been KO'd before. If Matthysse were to beat them comfortably, that would be good enough.

Comment

• floyd ud's him
          broner gets koed before he hits the ground

Comment

• Floyd would beat Matty fairly easily. I think Matty KO's Broner in a good fight.

Comment

• Khan, Garcia and Broner were expecting Peterson to take Matthysse out in a 12 round decision

Matthysse destroyed Peterson

Khan and Broner both want Garcia to beat Matthysse

Matthysse is going to destroy Garcia

Broner & Khan will stay away from 140 once Matthysse rules it, Although a small part of Khan will probaly be wanting to fight Lucas, Luckily Khan's management understand he has atleast 2 good years left in him and that shouldn't be ended early by Lucas.

Why i'm mentioning this nobody Broner is that he's looking to cherry pick his way into the top level bracket of fighters.
              Last edited by miniq; 07-25-2013, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X