Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Fight is at 155 Because Khan Wanted My Title at Stake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    ....because Khan isn't rated by anyone at 154...

Say what you want about the WBC, but even they wouldn't have done that.
    Actually normally that wouldn't of been a bad idea. And under the WBC Rules and Regulations 3.3 b IV or even 3.3 C they could have if...

They weren't doing a 154 lb tournament right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Haha, i knew it. The thing is Canelo wanted to face Cotto at 156 because he felt he is getting bigger.

http://www.boxing news24.com/2015/07/cotto-wants-155-canelo-156-for-catch-weight/

(remove space).

Now he is acting like he could make 154 to make people believe he is too small for GGG. Canelo turns more and more into a Diva. I doubt mexican appreciate it.
      Yeah, I'm a little pissed at Canelo for this BS as well. But now we get nothing but piss poor, SHT matches for GGG until they do fight... The MW division is DOGSHT! And GGG will NEVER move up to 168. So now we have to look down at the smaller guys and see which one might fight him in a year or three... GGG needs to move up and challenge himeslef. Quit FKN wasting your time on Ex-139 lbers.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        That is stupid, why not Canelo drop that Middleweight Belt and go down 1lbs and then fight for that Vacant WBC 154 strap

I think it would shut up a lot of Critics of this fight to be honest.
        cuz khan wanted the MW title apparently , but I'm with you, no need for all of this BS...

Comment

The thing is, the middleweight title is still valid at 154

Divisional limits are maximum weight only, no minimum

Dawson could have defended his titles against Ward at 168 if he wanted to, but why would he

This is why titles shouldn't be sanctioned in catchweight fights

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            ....because Khan isn't rated by anyone at 154...

Say what you want about the WBC, but even they wouldn't have done that.
            But he is fighting for the WBC Middleweight Title?

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
              well maybe this time ggg will quit playing games and force the purse bid already
              For the people who THINK GGG can force Canelo to fight him, he can't. Canelo can just drop and go down 1 lb which to me seems like a option as he keeps saying "I Am Not A Middleweight" and they even said they wanted to fight Khan at 154

It is clear that Canelo is going to do what he wants and I don't see the WBC forcing him to do anything he doesn't want to do. I don't agree with it but it doesn't sounds like he fighting GGG anytime soon. If he was going to fight GGG he would be preparing by fighting Real Middleweights not a Welterweight!

Comment

BOYCOT Canelo, do not buy this fight!

To say he isn't a middleweight....he deserves to be banned from boxing for talking such blatant lies.

Comment

For the people who THINK GGG can force Canelo to fight him, he can't. Canelo can just drop and go down 1 lb which to me seems like a option as he keeps saying "I Am Not A Middleweight" and they even said they wanted to fight Khan at 154

It is clear that Canelo is going to do what he wants and I don't see the WBC forcing him to do anything he doesn't want to do. I don't agree with it but it doesn't sounds like he fighting GGG anytime soon. If he was going to fight GGG he would be preparing by fighting Real Middleweights not a Welterweight!
                  Don't think he can drop that pound. There is no reason that he didn't do it before. I think his last three fight been at 155? I guess that extra pound is really hard. He's gonna get to a point where he can't make 155 anymore. It be interesting if he tries to make a 156 catch weight.

Comment

But he is fighting for the WBC Middleweight Title?
                    Danny Garcia fought Rod Salka, and the WBC almost sanctioned that for the WBC 140 title; voluntary title defense leave things open for some silliness, tbh (in addition to the likely understanding that, if the WBC hadn't gone along with the fight, Alvarez was likely ready to hand them back the green belt and move forward with the fight anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                      Don't think he can drop that pound. There is no reason that he didn't do it before. I think his last three fight been at 155? I guess that extra pound is really hard. He's gonna get to a point where he can't make 155 anymore. It be interesting if he tries to make a 156 catch weight.
                      With no title on the line, what incentive is there for Canelo to get his body down to 154 (whether he can or not, it's still extra work on the body) when he can simply set things at a contract weight?

Alvarez has stayed at 155 because he's still a star junior middleweight with no legit 154 title paths open to him (though Liam Smith and the WBO 154 title is now an option); the moment Canelo can't get down to 'almost junior middleweight', he likely moves up to 160 (do not forget that Canelo likely starts his weight cut from a fit 170lbs; draining the body down 15lbs isn't all that different from draining the body down 14lbs).

Comment

Working...
                      X