No announcement yet.

Liston, Tyson, Lennox, Vitali, & Wlad: Rank these resumes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    Haye vs Bruno thread has nothing do with the Klitschko's.

Haye vs Lewis thread...whether Lennox would KO him again has nothing to do with the Klitschko's.

In both cases you are likely to get a true reflection of the general consensus.

Have you ever seen a prime Mercer fight? He was a hell of a fighter, Olympic gold medalist, very good pro too. Like I have said before, Wladimir has not beaten anyone to tell me that he definitely beats these guys. He has no A-level fighters on his resume, and only has a few solid B level guys there. His biggest achievement is consistency and longevity. But you cannot compare him to the best heavyweights of all time because his competition has been too weak, but Klitschko fans like yourself find it difficult to accept this truth. I have no agenda here, I call a spade a spade. I don't like Floyd Mayweather, I have often pulled for his opponents, but there is no denying the man is a genius.
    Of course I saw Mercer fights and to tell he would beat present Wlad is crazy.
    Wlad already destroyed him (dropped him in the first round) and continued to brutally beat him until referee stopped him. Yes he was 40 and past his prime, but thar version of wlad is not the third of the fighter he is now...

If lewis never fought mavrovic or tua or vitali I am sure if I posted the any of those threads people would say lewis would take them in 5 rounds. I like Lewis, he was a fantastic fighter (massive and skilled) but he wasn't really a KO master (72%) and he wasn't Muhammed Ali - skilled wise.

Haye and Byrd are A level fighters, while some other wlad comfortably beat are very near.

Comment

Working...
    X