No announcement yet.

So If The Race For Fighter Of This Generation Between Hop And Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Player3
    Both Klitchsko's, Holyfield, Mayweather, Trinidad, Whitaker, De La Hoya, B-Hop, Roy Jones Jr. Lennox Lewis.

It's all subjective and in the eye of the beholder really. But i can't put Pac ahead of none of these guys
    klitschko's, better resume then pac.....really??? How many hall of famers have the klitschkos beat again?

but anyways, my 2 cents is I never believed 1 fighter can represent a generation. There are multiple guys. Hopkins, Pac, Floyd are the three that represent this era imo, and others. One guy doesn't represent boxing, except maybe in Ali's case just because of how huge he was, but then again, who would Ali be without Frazier and Foreman?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      And, was Roy really that much more popular than Whitaker? Really?

Of course Floyd and even Hop were in the running. It was a 3 man race and Pac won. And, just because Pac won it doesn't make it a farce and popularity contest. It wouldn't have been a farce if they would have gave it to Floyd or B-Hop either.
      You could make a case for Floyd and Sweat Pea but Pacquiao deserved it more and Roy deserved it more.

Comment

It leaves Floyd on his couch watching Lady Gaga on HBO.

Comment

The Klitschko's probably have the worst quality of opposition of any of the other guys i named. But they've dominated a better quality of opposition than Pac has for a longer period of time. Remember folks, A KO loss to Rustico Torrecampo is a part of Pacquiao's career as well. I can see how someone can rank Pac over Wlad, but Vitali? Really?

Pac has rarely fought elite fighters at or close to their peak, i can only think of 3 fights he has fought when his opposition were at or near the top of their game. One he won by KO (Antonio-Barerra) The other 2 (against Marquez) he didn't win decisively.

WTF?

Comment

The Klitschko's probably have the worst quality of opposition of any of the other guys i named. But they've dominated a better quality of opposition than Pac has for a longer period of time.
            Better opposition? lol do you even watch boxing???

Remember folks, A KO loss to Rustico Torrecampo is a part of Pacquiao's career as well.
            Which was in 1996 when Pacquiao was 17 years old. 17 YEARS OLD.

Remember folks, A KO loss to Corrie Sanders is part of Klitschko's career as well. And a KO loss to Lamon Brewster. Oh and another KO loss to Ross Puritty.

I can see how someone can rank Pac over Wlad, but Vitali? Really?
            And Vitali's best win is who? Sam Peter? Chris Arreola??? Ahh, I'm struggling here...really what's his best win? Herbie Hide?

Comment

The Klitschko's probably have the worst quality of opposition of any of the other guys i named. But they've dominated a better quality of opposition than Pac has for a longer period of time. Remember folks, A KO loss to Rustico Torrecampo is a part of Pacquiao's career as well. I can see how someone can rank Pac over Wlad, but Vitali? Really?

Pac has rarely fought elite fighters at or close to their peak, i can only think of 3 fights he has fought when his opposition were at or near the top of their game. One he won by KO (Antonio-Barerra) The other 2 (against Marquez) he didn't win decisively.

Comment

Areola, Peter & Byrd were all the shiznit before Vitali got his mitts on him.
                Vitali has a win over Chris Byrd? Wow that's news to me could have sworn that was a LOSS.

And yeah, Arreola & Peter are true hall of famers, no doubt about it. Arreola prior to losing to Vitali had MONSTER wins over legends like Jameel McCline and Travis Walker.

Once again, Fighting guys & DOMINATING them when they're at or near the top of their game, something Pacquiao has only done ONCE.

You win on Wlad.
                But not Vitali? Again, what are his best wins, name them please? If it's truly Arreola and Peter man oh man your argument is going to be in trouble!

Comment

I still hold Pacman a bit higher than Behop but I do give Hopkins great praise for the win at this age and stage of his career. I do see Hopkins above the weak heavyweights and the disappearing Mayweather.

Comment

Jean Pascal skyrockets Hops legacy?

Lehlo Ledwabba was the best 122 lbs fighter before he fought Pac. Thats not even TOP 5 from Pacs resume.

Lehlo > Pascal

Comment

hopkins is ahead of pac & mayweather as far as ATG status goes....

so yea, he is the greatest fighter of this generation.

i could care less about a trophy. he will OFFICIALLY go down as greater.....

benard hopkins is the greatest of his time.

a old school throw back kinda guy. even today he's willing to fight the butes and dawsons of the world. the guys close to 50.

HOPKINS IS GREATER THEN PAC.

only those who have no history of both fighters would even think to argue this......

Comment

Working...
                      X