Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "If Cotto can beat Pacquiao, I would like to see him fight Mayweather".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but who says floyd wants cotto? floyd clearly has his eyes on calderon next.

Comment

Arum gonna keep Floyd in the back seat. Either gonna have to agree to Arum terms, fight Mosley or retire, Floyd running out of options.

Comment

Bob Arum seems to favour Cotto to win in all the fights. Even VS Marg. He also seems to want to place Cotto with big names like Oscar etc...

Maybe he knows Pac wants to retire soon and wants to make Cotto the bigger cash cow in the long term.

Maybe he is talking about Cotto because everyone knows Pac. Cotto has a good chance to win, he is a great fighter in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Pac by KO.

I'm 50/50. Cotto KO or Pac UD

Oh and he is talking Cotto and May because he doesn't want Mosely to fight him and lose out on the $$$

Mayweather should deal with uncle Bob because Uncle Oscar has a more dangerous fighter in Mosely.

Comment

Floyd will never agree to Arum's terms, he left him for a reason. Arum will be the one submitting to Floyd's demands, all roads lead through Mayweather.

Comment

Well there goes the whole "Arum wont let Cotto fight Mayweather Conspiracy" theory

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
              Floyd will never agree to Arum's terms, he left him for a reason. Arum will be the one submitting to Floyd's demands, all roads lead through Mayweather.
              Arum isn't dumb. Floyd don't want none of Mosely so he's putting up Cotto who is also his fighter. Pac and May is already talked about. Maybe Cotto will accept a lower % aswell which helps make the fight while Pac's team want 50/50 minimum.

PS. who else will Mayweather fight? It seems he needs money and they are the biggest names out there to make money. Plus he aint fighting Williams or anyone soon.
              Last edited by PensionKiller; 10-11-2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                Arum isn't dumb. Floyd don't want none of Mosely so he's putting up Cotto who is also his fighter. Pac and May is already talked about. Maybe Cotto will accept a lower % aswell which helps make the fight while Pac's team want 50/50 minimum.
                Cotto would accept less, Shane would too, I think Pac would but it may be his handlers that would insist 50/50 before he would, I think Pac realizes Floyd is the bigger draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
                  Well there goes the whole "Arum wont let Cotto fight Mayweather Conspiracy" theory
                  He wants to put Cotto with Mayweather now, but at 140 it was a different story.

Comment

Only road leading to Floyd is Shane's, and that's if he doesn't get a Cotto rematch or winner of Pac vs Cotto. I think at this point Floyd needs and Arum and not the other way around. What's Floyd other option, fight Shane? Retirement?

Comment

Cotto would accept less, Shane would too, I think Pac would but it may be his handlers that would insist 50/50 before he would, I think Pac realizes Floyd is the bigger draw.
                      Floyd draws more but if Cotto VS Manny does 1 mil, then 50/50 would be reasonable for Manny since he's been hitting 800k+ in his last 2 fights.

Mosely aint got nothing to shout about apart from he is a very dangerous fighter and a welterweight champ. Oscar don't really care for him either so 30% maybe 40%

Cotto would take 40% because he seems a guy that is just willing to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X