Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a remake that was better than the original film?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a remake that was better than the original film?

I'm not talking about a black and white movie that was colorized or a movie that was digitally remastered. I'm talking about remakes with new actors and sets, etc. Has there ever been a remake of a movie that was actually better than the original?
    Yes
    81.25%
    No
    18.75%

"Scarface" with Al Pacino was a Remake.
    I haven't seen the original though so I cannot compare them.

"The Magnificent 7" with Yul Brynner was a remake of the "7 Samurai". Personally I like the "7 Samurai" better but both movies are very famous so a lot of people might disagree with me.
    Last edited by Salardo; 04-11-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Ocean's Eleven.

The original was good but I like the new one better.

The original Scarface was kinda funny tbh, both had over the top acting but I prefer the remake.

Comment

Judge Dredd (Dredd).

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
          Ocean's Eleven.

The original was good but I like the new one better.

The original Scarface was kinda funny tbh, both had over the top acting but I prefer the remake.
          Man, I didn't like Ocean's Eleven and Twelve etc.
          I don't know why but this movie was not my cup of tea. Yes, you had Matt Damon, Julia Roberts and all those famous actors in it, but the movie....I don't know, I did not like it even though I liked tons of other movies with those actors.
          These were also all Remakes, but sadly I haven't seen the original of any of them:
          "The Italian Job" with Edward Norton and Robert De Niro
          "Cape Fear" with Nick Nolte
          "Ransom" with Mel Gibson
          "Insomnia" with Al Pacino and Robin Williams
          "The Fly" with Jeff Goldblum

I especially liked "Insomnia".

Comment

King Kong.

I really liked the True Grit remake, too, but it's been a long time since I've seen the original. It might still be better.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              I'm not talking about a black and white movie that was colorized or a movie that was digitally remastered. I'm talking about remakes with new actors and sets, etc. Has there ever been a remake of a movie that was actually better than the original?
              The Thing is the one that comes to mind immediately. Somebody mentioned The Fly as well.

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
              "The Magnificent 7" with Yul Brynner was a remake of the "7 Samurai". Personally I like the "7 Samurai" better but both movies are very famous so a lot of people might disagree with me.
              Yeah it's not really a remake, more of a reimagining in the same way that Enemy Mine is a reimagining of Hell in the Pacific. They took the concepts from one film and applied them to a new (albeit similar) setting. Exactly the same process was applied to another seminal Akira Kurasawa movie Yojimbo when Clint Eastwood's A Fistful of Dollars was made.

Hell in the Pacific was also remade as an episode of the original Battlestar Galactica when Starbuck gets marooned with a Cylon.

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Judge Dredd (Dredd).
              Nope, not a remake at all. Both Dredd and Judge Dredd were adaptations of a long running British comic strip. Saying that Dredd was a remake of Judge Dredd is like saying The Dark Knight is a remake of the racist 1943 Batman movie in which he helps round up horrible Japanese stereotypes.

Comment

Well hell.

Thanks for shitting in my Cheerios, squeal.

Comment

Well hell.

he does that from time to time...you can post 'i like making people happy' and if squeal is having a bad day, he'll post videos and tell you why you're a POS for feeling like that...i still like Canadians tho

Comment

Well hell.

Squeal just Robert Horry'd your ass, Pea.

Comment

Working...
                    X