No announcement yet.

A buddy of mine is fighting Andre Dirrell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A buddy of mine is fighting Andre Dirrell

Darryl Cunningham, a great guy and buddy of mine, will be fighting Andre Dirrell on the Taylor/Nicklow card.

Darryl is a humble god fearing man, a good man. Darryl and I were sparring quite often and they were usually good throws. I see a problem with him fighting Dirrell though, Dirrell can be a very slick fighter and Darryl can be outboxed by a man with the proper skills to do so. I do wish him the best of luck. He calls himself "The Peoples Choice", if you ever meet him and have the time to talk with him you would agree with his nick name. He's a champion of a person and I wish him all of the luck in this fight..........Rockin'

Good luck to him, hope he at least makes it a good fight.

Comment

you know cunningham? i saw the interview with him and he seemed like a good dude. . .

hope he makes the most of the opportunity, and does WORK! WAR CUNNINGHAM and wocking' wobbie! hahaha. . . I remember reading your fighting journal, and that's how you quoted somebody else saying your name.

Comment

my boy dirrell is going to do the business but your friend does seem like a very cool guy

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
          you know cunningham? i saw the interview with him and he seemed like a good dude. . .

hope he makes the most of the opportunity, and does WORK! WAR CUNNINGHAM and wocking' wobbie! hahaha. . . I remember reading your fighting journal, and that's how you quoted somebody else saying your name.
          James Toney used to call me that. We didn't get along all that great as pros, it was better when we were amateurs.

Darryl will have to be at the very top of his game to pull this one out..........Rockin'

Comment

I thought Gazelle was the best SMW in the would before his "brain trauma".

I can't wait to see what he looks like now cuz I think he can outpoint Ward and Bute.

Good luck to your friend

Comment

I remember that Cunningham got the shaft earlier this year when his opponent suddenly pulled out the week of the fight due to the DTs. I'm glad that Cunningham got this fight against another high profile opponent. Good luck to him..

Comment

Good luck to him. I hope he puts in some good work and gives Andre all he can handle.

Comment

Seen D.C. fight many times at small shows in Royal Oak. He's cool and it sucks that Pavlik withdrew months ago. He has a much better chance of beating Pavlik and it certainly would of opened more fights. Has very little chance against Dirrell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    James Toney used to call me that. We didn't get along all that great as pros, it was better when we were amateurs.

Darryl will have to be at the very top of his game to pull this one out..........Rockin'
                    Good luck to your mate.

Have you got any decent photos of Toney that you can upload?

Comment

Working...
                    X