Collapse
No announcement yet.

In reality Cotto vs PacMan should be at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilarious and crazy topic, if the fight was at 140. Pacman probably would get 0 credit and it would be a pointless match to watch Cotto come in as a skeleton. Also, I hope something goes wrong where this fight ends up not being made even though its a good and interesting match up. I just like Cotto and Pacquiao that much!

Comment

Cotto wont even make the weigh in at 140 its just the most stupid thing i have ever heard

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson2k7 View Post
        Are you?

Of course Cotto can't make 140 that is not the point of the thread. The point is that is how it should be. People bitching about Manny is ridiculous since he is moving up 5 pounds, while only asking Cotto for 1 pound even tho we all know he will rehydrate to MW.
        But HE wants to fight Cotto, its not as if Cotto is barking about the demands for the fight. They know Cotto can't make 140lbs anymore and they've stated they're making it a Welterweight fight.

I have a feeling it'll be at 145lbs. Plus, its much easier moving up in weight than moving down as Manny's already proven.

Comment

147lbs or the fight dosen't happen, if Paquiao wants 140 then he should fight another fighter

Comment

TS The whole point of Manny Pacquiao fighting Miguel Cotto is that he is a WW champion...Manny wants to prove himself against the big boys and gain another division title.

If Manny wanted to fight at 140 he has plenty of names to go after...He would get les money and les recognition for them...Unless it was Mayweather but we don't know if May can make 140 or not.

The point is The whole upside legacy wise and money wise is that Cotto is bigger and has a great name at WW.

Thats the point.

Comment

If Pac wants to be the WW Champion he better fight Cotto at 147 if he wants the win to be legitimate.

When Cotto last fought at JWW against PM, he looked like a concentration camp survivor during the weigh in and PM looked all fresh. Cotto has been at 147 for way to long too be able to come down to 140 and still be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rebel View Post
                If Pac wants to be the WW Champion he better fight Cotto at 147 if he wants the win to be legitimate.

When Cotto last fought at JWW against PM, he looked like a concentration camp survivor during the weigh in and PM looked all fresh. Cotto has been at 147 for way to long too be able to come down to 140 and still be effective.

Freddie Roach: When the bell rings jump on um!

Manny Pacquiao: Notin pelsonar.
                Last edited by BOOMbip; 06-20-2009, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson2k7 View Post
                  PacMan is #1 P4P champion and 140 Ring champ and is the biggest star in boxing at the moment. He is being generous in fighting Cotto at 145 even tho he should not.

It's Cotto who should be trying to make those concessions that PacMan is making not the other way around.
                  Pac could fight Bradley, Campbell, Holt or Torres for about 1/4 of what he will get in the Cotto fight. So I think Pac needs Cotto as much as Cotto needs him.

Comment

If i were Pac i would want it at 147 for the belt and legacy maybe some stipulation on how much Cotto weighs fight night? i dunno

Comment

In reality if u think that this should take place at 140 u should be banned.

Comment

Working...
                      X