Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

De La Hoya is making a total mockery out of boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
    no. there's (supposed to be) a rating system for a reason. it's not about who you want to fight, and sure as hell ain't about living off your accomplishments from 10 years ago.
    Exactly........................

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeElectron View Post
      De La Hoya fighting Manny P instead of Antonio Margarito is a complete joke. I can't believe he still has a few fans out there that will make excuses for him.

I remember a few years back when so called boxing fans on the internet actually boycotted Roy Jones' fight against Julio Gonzalez and called it "THE ROYCOTT".

Well if there was ever a reason to boycott a major PPV then here it is...
      then don't watch it, but im sure your not a hypocrite right?? u did boycott the DLH vs hopkins right? natural welter vs middle/super middle weight... well i'm gonna watch it so stop whinning and don't purchase the ppv... although id be willing to bet u watch it one way or the other

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

In a perfect world, maybe. But DLH's name allows him to dictate who and when he fights. Unfortunatley it allows him to veto certain fights too. Margarito beat the guy many thougt was the best at 147. Oscar said he wanted the winner thinking it was going to be Cotto. Margarito won, Oscar backed out. Margarito deserved the money fight as much as Cotto would have had he won. Oscar realizes he won't make near the same money for just as big, if not bigger chance and pulled out. He's fighting Pacquiao now because it is a much less dangerous fight for top dollar. Going out a winner is a much better possibility than it would be vs Margarito. This isn't about making the best fight, its about making the most money.
        Originally posted by Boofdatruth View Post
        Your post was filled with lunacy until your last 2 sentences. People never wanted to see Dlh-Margs, they wanted to see Dlh-Cotto, and you knew it even if Margs won. Now people want to see Margs-Williams, and Margs is delaying the fight because HE wants a big money fight. Margs is a hypocrite, and so are you Cotto fan lol. You used to be Dlh's biggest fan...are you going to exlax on him too for fighting someone other than Margs? You rooted for Cotto for Christ's sake lol.
        Why don't you point out the lunacy of my post. Is it where I said Oscar dictates who and when he fights? Was it when I said Margarito beat the guy most considered the best at 147? Or could it have been where I pointed out that Oscar said he wanted the WINNER of Cotto-Margs only to back out when Margarito won? So....where is the lunacy you speak of? And just because I rooted for Cotto doesn't change the fact that Margarito deserves the DeLaHoya fight. Im a fan of Pacquiao too. But no way a guy who has never fough at 140, let alone 147, and only has 1 fight at 135 is more worthy of fighting Oscar than Tony is. You want to talk hypocrisy? Aren't you the guy who use to slam Oscar for never getting a Winky or Forrest fight made, yet now you condone him fighting Manny instead of Margarito? Lmao!!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Why don't you point out the lunacy of my post. Is it where I said Oscar dictates who and when he fights? Was it when I said Margarito beat the guy most considered the best at 147? Or could it have been where I pointed out that Oscar said he wanted the WINNER of Cotto-Margs only to back out when Margarito won? So....where is the lunacy you speak of? And just because I rooted for Cotto doesn't change the fact that Margarito deserves the DeLaHoya fight. Im a fan of Pacquiao too. But no way a guy who has never fough at 140, let alone 147, and only has 1 fight at 135 is more worthy of fighting Oscar than Tony is. You want to talk hypocrisy? Aren't you the guy who use to slam Oscar for never getting a Winky or Forrest fight made, yet now you condone him fighting Manny instead of Margarito? Lmao!!
          It's where you say Dlh dictates who and when he fights. Nobody thought Cotto was the best at 147 except his fans, and believing that Dlh would fight the winner of Cotto and Margs. Almost everyone knew Dlh would not fight Margs if he won because there is no big money in it for Dlh, and not because Margs is too tough. This was said even before Margs and Cotto fought. There is no such thing as being worthy of fighting Dlh. Margs is not entitled to fight Dlh anymore than any other fighter. Fighters know they can make money fighting Dlh, but Floyd proved that wrong by turning down the rematch. You keep saying that I exlaxed on Dlh for not fighting Winky or Forrest. That is a lie. I like Dlh. You said I questioned why he never fought them, yeah, that is a fact. You have never seen me question Dlh's heart. The conversation you jumped into talked about Dlh's heart. Dlh's heart can't be questioned. So take your full time lie and shove it where the sun don't shine lol. You don't want to talk about hypocrisy lol. You're the same guy who said Clottey never beat a top 10 guy before Margs. You are the same guy who said Hatton brought 8000 to see him beat Collazo. You are the same guy who said Austin didn't deserve a shot at Wlad yet he fought Ibragimov, but when I brought up Collazo and Rivera and told you that they never faced a top 10 WW before they fought for a ww title, you had no point. I could go on and on, but why lol?
          Last edited by Boofdatruth; 08-29-2008, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boofdatruth View Post
            It's where you say Dlh dictates who and when he fights.
            Yeah, ok. So Oscar doesn't dictate who and when he fight 99% of the time? Get a clue.

Nobody thought Cotto was the best at 147 except his fans, and believing that Dlh would fight the winner of Cotto and Margs.
            More laugh material. Cotto was ranked the #1 welterweight by every boxing publication and website you can think of. Nice try.

Almost everyone knew Dlh would not fight Margs if he won because there is no big money in it for Dlh, and not because Margs is too tough. This was said even before Margs and Cotto fought.
            DLH said he wanted the winner. Yeah, we all know the big money wasnt with Margs, but he still said it and changed his tune after Margarito won.

There is no such thing as being worthy of fighting Dlh. Margs is not entitled to fight Dlh anymore than any other fighter.
            Oscar is a money fighter, thats it now. That doesn't mean one fighter shouldn't get a shot at him more than another. Especially when Oscar had previously told Margs he would give him a fight one day. Oh, but I forgot, you condone a fighter telling another they will fight and then never making said fight. Lol!

Fighters know they can make money fighting Dlh, but Floyd proved that wrong by turning down the rematch.

Floyd didn't turn down the rematch, he back out of it. But that has nothing to do with this so try staying on topic. I know how you love twisting things when I start owning your sorry ass opinions.

You keep saying that I exlaxed on Dlh for not fighting Winky or Forrest. That is a lie. I like Dlh. You said I questioned why he never fought them, yeah, that is a fact.
            I keep saying? I said it once. And yeah you have. You're the only liar here lil man. That been proven time and again.

You have never seen me question Dlh's heart. The conversation you jumped into talked about Dlh's heart. Dlh's heart can't be questioned. So take your full time lie and shove it where the sun don't shine lol.
            Ah yes, the king of the flame wars. When you can't compete, resort to insults. Is that a boof family motto?

You don't want to talk about hypocrisy lol. You're the same guy who said Clottey never beat a top 10 guy before Margs.
            Lol, Im sorry. He beat Shamu Alvarez.

You are the same guy who said Hatton brought 8000 to see him beat Collazo.
            Lmao!! did I state that as fact? I think not. I said I wasn't sure from go. My numbers were mistaken, there was no lie.

You are the same guy who said Austin didn't deserve a shot at Wlad yet he fought Ibragimov,
            You agreed with me, brain surgeon.
            but when I brought up Collazo and Rivera and told you that they never faced a top 10 WW before they fought for a ww title, you had no point.
            No, I just torched you.

I could go on and on, but why lol?
            You could go on and on doing what, lying? You got no game. You got no knowkledge. You lie and twist things to suit your agenda. You have no objectivity. You're a joke.

Comment

Working...
            X