Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Boxing Performance You Have Ever Seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boxing Performance You Have Ever Seen?

What is the best display of boxing brilliance you have ever seen in a fight? What made it so good?

Mine is probably Sugar Ray Leonard's defeat of Tommy Hearns, but there are a lot of candidates. It might just be that the balance of the fight swung so drastically too and fro, but the way Sugar ray showed off boxing skill, tremendous heart and cold blooded tactical calculation means that for me, that one just about tops the pile.

What's yours?

Originally posted by abadger View Post
    What is the best display of boxing brilliance you have ever seen in a fight? What made it so good?

Mine is probably Sugar Ray Leonard's defeat of Tommy Hearns, but there are a lot of candidates. It might just be that the balance of the fight swung so drastically too and fro, but for me that one just about tops the pile.

What's yours?
    Mine would have to be Jermain Taylor vs Corey Spinks. Wow man, that fight changed my life..

Comment

Surprised you didnt pick Calzaghe vs Lacy. I was wasted watching that fight, couldnt believe what I was seeing. I was convinced Joe had snorted a table full of coke.

Comment

Mine is probably Sugar Ray Leonard's defeat of Tommy Hearns, but there are a lot of candidates. It might just be that the balance of the fight swung so drastically too and fro, but the way Sugar ray showed off boxing skill, tremendous heart and cold blooded tactical calculation means that for me, that one just about tops the pile.

What's yours?
        Mayweather vs Gatti, Mayweather vs JLC II, Guzman vs Barrios was a GREAT performance by both fighters MAINLY Guzman and I think thats my number 1.

Comment

Ray Robinson vs Jake LaMotta 6
          Muhammad Ali vs Cleveland Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Surprised you didnt pick Calzaghe vs Lacy. I was wasted watching that fight, couldnt believe what I was seeing. I was convinced Joe had snorted a table full of coke.
            If I chose a Joe one it would be Kessler, which I regard as an amazing performance from Joe.

Comment

Holy ****! How could I forget Bernard Hopkins vs Tito. Still my number 1 is Guzman vs Barrios

Comment

Mine is probably Sugar Ray Leonard's defeat of Tommy Hearns, but there are a lot of candidates. It might just be that the balance of the fight swung so drastically too and fro, but for me that one just about tops the pile.

What's yours?
                Calzaghe VS Manfredo: Did you see those combinations that Calzaghe threw.They were brilliant and percise with such amazing speed.I thought Manfredo was going to be seriously hurt from that barage of bombs.In my opinion the ref stopped it to late,someone could of been hurt.It didn't last long but when it was done,you knew people were going to talk about for decades like Hagler-Hearns,short but sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
                  Calzaghe VS Manfredo: Did you see those combinations that Calzaghe threw.They were brilliant and percise with such amazing speed.I thought Manfredo was going to be seriously hurt from that barage of bombs.In my opinion the ref stopped it to late,someone could of been hurt.It didn't last long but when it was done,you knew people were going to talk about for decades like Hagler-Hearns,short but sweet.
                  Ha ha. How could I forget it?

What is your real answer?

Comment

Marquez getting up from the deck three times and getting a draw in the first fight against Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                    X