No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Officially Retires From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabalas View Post
    It was evident that Rios was not well prepared for this fight. Rios was only really competitive in the second round and after that he faded quickly. Brandon was able to hold 12 rounds with Pacquiao but losing last night by KO with a guy with a very poor record of KOs is a clear sign of declining. I think is wise for him to retire if he indeed lost the desire or hunger to train properly. I wish him luck in his life. Brandon was a real warrior and most of his fights were very entertaining. Best wishes for him.
    No excuses, Bradley beat the competitive will out of him like I called.

Comment

How insane was Lampley on HBO saying if Rios stayed a lightweight he would have been best ever. LOL merchant isn't even that stupid. Benny Leonard, Duran, Whitaker, Armstrong Mosley mayweather etc 50 more better he has 0 credibility

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
        How insane was Lampley on HBO saying if Rios stayed a lightweight he would have been best ever. LOL merchant isn't even that stupid. Benny Leonard, Duran, Whitaker, Armstrong Mosley mayweather etc 50 more better he has 0 credibility
        That was one of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
          Rios had a good run....I wish him well!!...it was real cool of him to take this pic with my son....he made my lil man's day

HAHAHAHAHA that is too funny!!

Comment

yea its time to retire, hes been successful, n doesnt have the hunger any more

he gave me some good times vs Alvarado, he leaves a mark in boxing

Comment

Good choise. There is not much left to prove in this sport for him, maybe he could get Crawford fight..He had 3 Alvarado wars, Pacquiao payday, Bradley payday..Enjoy the retirement..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                Rios had a good run....I wish him well!!...it was real cool of him to take this pic with my son....he made my lil man's day

he wasnt always the most kinded person, but he did have soft spot really nice for him to pose with your kid

Comment

Rios is a better fighter than the cherry picking fraud BUMLOVKIN..rios hasn't ducked anyone..he's not the most skilled but he's got heart and can take a punch..rios resume >>bumlovkins pathetic resume

Comment

bye brandon

you went farther than i thought you would
                    you got ur start with a cameo in the margarito pac fight buildup
                    you made the most out of your 15 minutes
                    toprank should not have been your home - golden boy would have been better - toprank i think was too limited and only used u as tune up besides the alvarado series
                    you always took too much punishment
                    but always showed heart and you are a modern day rocky
                    i think its discipline you lacked
                    just because you didn't have a fight didn't mean you couldn't have had a smart offseason
                    that was your choice to let it go
                    reality will set in hard now unfortunately - maybe u should manage fighters
                    teach them from what you have learned
                    robert garcia should give you a place in his gym
                    you have been loyal and you both have been good to each other
                    goodbye

Comment

smart decision on his behalf, but I think he will be back soon. No excuses on not maintaining some sort of basic training while on layoff. He really needs to fully commit himself if he decides to box again.

Comment

Working...
                      X