No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman Seeks Rematch With Khabib Allakhverdiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
    No point, Khabib is the superior fighter and man and will do the same thing. Guzman is finished, he was nothing but hype to begin with.
    who Guzman??did you not see him early in his career?

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Guzman never found his groove, Khabib took a round off and came back. The only thing Guzman found was Khabib busting his face up and overwhelming him. Guzman's face was breaking, his hand, his leg, he is aging and there is nothing he can do about that. Khabib with his speed, accuracy, timing, and combos is going to make some noise at 140. Guzman is past it and either back to the drawing board or retirement but a rematch is not necessary....it is upward for Khabib, not backward.
      ...then either you are a hater or fell asleep during rounds 5, 6 and 7. Khabib, clearly, got frustrated when Joan started boxing. Mind you, Joan did not box the first 4 rounds of that fight, he went it to slug it out with a younger, taller and (it is clear now) stronger boxer. I give it to khabib: he fought more intelligently and with more drive than Joan, that's why he won. Joan did not use his boxing skills (and I keep wondering whether or not such idiocy was planned) until it was too late. Then, fate (and Khabib's pushing him) brought in the injury. That's that. A rematch would be fair for Joan, but not for Khabib. This was Joan's chance to shut all of you haters out there and he blew it. I don't think he would give Khabib an immediate rematch had it been the other way around. So, yeah, as much as I'd like to see them fight again (and I'm sure Joan can beat him if he boxes more smartly) I don't think it would be a wise step for the Russian at this point. Risky and low-reward.

Comment

Working...
      X