Clear All

• damn check out these purses for the Brooklyn Boxing card

Big fights, big money at Barclays Center
    October, 17, 2012
    OCT 17
    5:45
    PM ET
    By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

The newly opened Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., will host what is supposed to be the first of many regular boxing shows over the coming years on Saturday night (Showtime, 8 ET/PT plus preliminaries on Showtime Extreme at 7 p.m.).

Golden Boy Promotions has an exclusive deal with the building to provide those cards. The first one will feature four world title bouts – the first time there will be a world title bout in Brooklyn since 1931.

This card doesn’t come cheap. Showtime is paying Golden Boy -- its virtually exclusive fight provider -- big money to put on the card. Based on the purses, Showtime is likely putting up in the $4 million range to televise the card, a huge amount these days for a premium cable card.

Without further adieu, the purses for the entire show, as per the New York State Athletic Commission:

• Junior welterweight titlist Danny Garcia $1 million with challenger and former titlist Erik Morales getting $300,000.

• Welterweight titlist Paulie Malignaggi $350,000 and challenger Pablo Cesar Cano $150,000.

• Middleweight titlist Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam $400,000 and challenger “Kid Chocolate” Peter Quillin $150,000.

• Welterweight titlist Randall Bailey $500,000 and challenger and former junior welterweight titlist Devon Alexander $600,000.

• Middleweight Daniel Jacobs $15,000 and opponent Josh Luteran $11,000. (This is the main bout on Showtime Extreme.)

• Also on the card: welterweight Dmitriy Salita ($10,000) vs. Brandon Hoskins ($10,000); former welterweight titlist Luis Collazo ($15,000) vs. Steve Upsher ($8,000); junior middleweight Eddie Gomez ($5,000) vs. Saul Benitez ($3,000); junior middleweight Boyd Melson ($2,000) vs. Jason Thompson ($2,500).

That’s a grand total of $3,531,500 for the purses on the show, which has many other expenses as well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...clays-center-2

I think I should have been a boxer........

Comment

Malignaggi making moar than Morales?

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
        those purses arent good lol

Comment

N'Jikam 400k while Quillin is not even getting half of that? The ****...

Why is he getting paid more? Cause he's the champ and coming from France?

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
            easy to say when u see the end result and the money. lets not forget waking up everyday @ 4 in the morning for running, tough sparring, getting your body/head banged up and being away from your family while in training camps.

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
              those purses arent good lol
              What's wrong with those?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                N'Jikam 400k while Quillin is not even getting half of that? The ****...

Why is he getting paid more? Cause he's the champ and coming from France?
                Purse is often a part of getting a champion to concede to putting his title on the line against you.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
                  Malignaggi making moar than Morales?
                  Malignaggi can move tickets in New York.

Comment

Good information, I'm always curious to know
                    what fighters are actually paid - from the top
                    guys to the gatekeepers to the journeymen...:fing02

Comment

Working...
                    X