No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes: After Saul Roman, I Want Sergio Martinez or Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KJB View Post
    Hes been fighting and winning for a very long time trying to get a shot. Everyone that has given him a shot has been beaten. The hate Vanes gets here for no reason kills me. At least wait until a top fighter beats his ass before you write him off, its like you guys dont even want him to get that opportunity.
    couldn't agree more bro... I dont get it, the kid is a slugger and usually real fun to watch... he has enough balls to say he will fight ANYONE... to this day he is undefeated at 29-0

and still nothin but hate here

Comment

Originally posted by VanesBoxing View Post
      couldn't agree more bro... I dont get it, the kid is a slugger and usually real fun to watch... he has enough balls to say he will fight ANYONE... to this day he is undefeated at 29-0

and still nothin but hate here
      lets watch him Saturday and take it from there...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
        Winning the Silver belt makes him Canelo's mandatory, right? they should fight
        hopefully with top rank and golden boy kissing and making up this fight will be made... but i could imagine that mobster sulaiman will do everything to protect canelo from this fight... just a thought, but got a hunch that is exactly what will happen.... vanes whoops canelo if it ever does happen

Comment

Originally posted by dubjab View Post
          haha, Vanes embarrassed and outclassed Chavez in sparring. He will make Cotto look silly. Martinez is a different story. That one I'd like to see.
          I'm not high on Vanes considering he deserved to lose to Kassim Ouma. I think Chavez is a hype job more than a top fighter because I saw him dang near lose to Troy Rowland. I think he'll probably lose to Zbik, who is a hype job himself. I think Vanes-Roman is a 50-50 fight.

Last I heard, the WBC was pushing for Paul Williams to fight the Vanes-Roman winner. I wonder if that's been tabled now that he's fighting Lara, or if it still might happen.

I think Martinez has dibs on the Zbik-Chavez winner (who he'll murder). I'd really like to see Cotto fight Angulo or the Bundrage-Powell winner. And Vanes should probably be picking on guys more on the level of the Trout-Lopez winner at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcianoFan View Post
            I'm not high on Vanes considering he deserved to lose to Kassim Ouma. I think Chavez is a hype job more than a top fighter because I saw him dang near lose to Troy Rowland. I think he'll probably lose to Zbik, who is a hype job himself. I think Vanes-Roman is a 50-50 fight.

Last I heard, the WBC was pushing for Paul Williams to fight the Vanes-Roman winner. I wonder if that's been tabled now that he's fighting Lara, or if it still might happen.

I think Martinez has dibs on the Zbik-Chavez winner (who he'll murder). I'd really like to see Cotto fight Angulo or the Bundrage-Powell winner. And Vanes should probably be picking on guys more on the level of the Trout-Lopez winner at this point.
            fair points although I think everyone is giving Ouma way too much credit... true he trained for the fight of his life and really pushed hard, but he still lost a close decision in my books.

Vanes' time has come, lets see what he does with it.

Comment

Originally posted by VanesBoxing View Post
              fair points although I think everyone is giving Ouma way too much credit... true he trained for the fight of his life and really pushed hard, but he still lost a close decision in my books.

Vanes' time has come, lets see what he does with it.
              I certainly won't eat your lunch for that opinion. I could respect a 95-94 Vanes win in the Ouma fight, but probably not any wider than that. I had it 96-93 Ouma. Thought rounds 1 and 6 were both razor-thin and gave them to Ouma.

I'm not sure I quite agree that his time has come yet. I think win or lose, the Ouma fight showed that he needed a bit more development if he's ever going to reach what his fans see as his potential. I liked the move to fight Joe Greene- a lateral or maybe slightly backward move from Ouma- but then to take 9 months off only to fight a nobody like Hernandez was a bad move. Actually I think Roman is an appropriate opponent and if he wins, I think he'll be ready for Zbik or Chavez since neither of those guys has proven a world-beater so far. Then maybe he could talk about Cotto or Martinez- I just think he's about one step ahead of himself at this time. But hey, maybe he's really as unstoppable now as he acts like he is, and just hasn't quite proven it in the ring. He has a right to try if he can get the fight. I just wouldn't rush it if I were handling his career, that's all.

Comment

Working...
              X