No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Discusses a Possible Khan Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Discusses a Possible Khan Rematch

Lamont Peterson is very interested in fighting Danny Garcia if Peterson can overcome Lucas Matthysse on Saturday night in Atlantic City.

The IBF junior welterweight champion clearly is less interested in another fight against an opponent both he and Garcia have beaten.

“Believe it or not, it’s not really that important,” Peterson told BoxingScene.com regarding a potential rematch against Amir Khan. “Let’s not forget, I’m the one who won the last fight. It’s not like I’m chasing him for a rematch or anything like that. … I won the fight. I showed that I was the better fighter.” [Click Here To Read More]

I think Peterson won the fight point deduction or no deduction. He put Khan on his bike plus he landed the cleaner harder shots. Nobody ever brings up the gift knockdown that was scored for Khan in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      I think Peterson won the fight point deduction or no deduction. He put Khan on his bike plus he landed the cleaner harder shots. Nobody ever brings up the gift knockdown that was scored for Khan in the first.
      i agree 100%.and definitely can't to this weekend.

Comment

well, PEDerson got caught using PEDs, so a rematch would've been warranted had Khan have easily beaten Diaz... now the rematch has lost its steam

Comment

Khan Peterson 2 should happen if LP lose to Matthysse
          Last edited by MrClutch85; 05-15-2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Without the home town reffing Khan would have won. Yeah the fight was competitive but Khan clearly won more rounds.

Comment

Its funny how ppl have forgotten about petersons drug use, funny even more its a certain fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                Khan Peterson 2 should happen if LP lose to Matthysse
                100% agree.

Peterson is the one top fighter at 140 Khan might beat IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Without the home town reffing Khan would have won. Yeah the fight was competitive but Khan clearly won more rounds.
                  I think the point deductions were fair.

He was warned multiple times for blatant pushing, he was even given more than 1 last warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Pushing someone off is not a legitimate tactic if you have no type of inside game whatsoever.

That said I edged the fight to Khan by a single round, but since it's Khan I'm not gonna make a huge fuss about that decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X