No announcement yet.

Staying in shape with a broken foot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying in shape with a broken foot?

Hey, I'm looking for some help from any boxers out there. I recently traveled to what was supposed to be my first amateur boxing match. I went through months of preparation and busted my ass, lost 85 lbs, and trained as hard as I could for it. It meant alot to me, but things took a turn for the worst. I came in 5 lbs under weight for my weight class (middleweight) and I was feeling so ready after I got weighed in, all I had left was the medical screening which everyone passes. Not me. When it was my turn, the doc was looking at my eyes to make sure everything was alright when she told me that my pupils were different sizes and couldn't allow me to box. I was dumbfounded, and heartbroken. I tried taking out my contacts, etc. but for some reason my pupils are different sizes now, which they weren't before. After the owner of the event refused to refund my friends and family, I went into somewhat of a rage over not being able to fight and I found the first hard object that I could kick. I ended up kicking a metal door and fracturing my foot which I didn't know until today. Anyways, I have a broken foot and can't box for around 4 weeks. I was wondering what ways I could stay in shape while I'm not boxing or doing muay thai/ BJJ. So far, I've strung a shoelace across my room to do bobbing drills with, and I have a chair to do dips with. I can do pushups and stuff, but any more creative ways out there. I was thinking I might get a temporary membership at the YMCA and swim to try and keep my cardio up. Any help would be appreciated, I'm very upset that I broke my foot in such a stupid way. I know I should be resting my foot but I plan on coming back for my first fight with a vengeance. I was absolutely furious that they didn't allow me to box, as I worked really hard for it. Thanks.

Originally posted by unvme0813 View Post
    Hey, I'm looking for some help from any boxers out there. I recently traveled to what was supposed to be my first amateur boxing match. I went through months of preparation and busted my ass, lost 85 lbs, and trained as hard as I could for it. It meant alot to me, but things took a turn for the worst. I came in 5 lbs under weight for my weight class (middleweight) and I was feeling so ready after I got weighed in, all I had left was the medical screening which everyone passes. Not me. When it was my turn, the doc was looking at my eyes to make sure everything was alright when she told me that my pupils were different sizes and couldn't allow me to box. I was dumbfounded, and heartbroken. I tried taking out my contacts, etc. but for some reason my pupils are different sizes now, which they weren't before. After the owner of the event refused to refund my friends and family, I went into somewhat of a rage over not being able to fight and I found the first hard object that I could kick. I ended up kicking a metal door and fracturing my foot which I didn't know until today. Anyways, I have a broken foot and can't box for around 4 weeks. I was wondering what ways I could stay in shape while I'm not boxing or doing muay thai/ BJJ. So far, I've strung a shoelace across my room to do bobbing drills with, and I have a chair to do dips with. I can do pushups and stuff, but any more creative ways out there. I was thinking I might get a temporary membership at the YMCA and swim to try and keep my cardio up. Any help would be appreciated, I'm very upset that I broke my foot in such a stupid way. I know I should be resting my foot but I plan on coming back for my first fight with a vengeance. I was absolutely furious that they didn't allow me to box, as I worked really hard for it. Thanks.
    Swimming bro! Do mad laps and keep increasing the number of laps and maybe even time it. Uses all your muscles and you can go hard core even with a broken foot.

Comment

Working...
    X