Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motivation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sugar Ray Leonard: 'I never really said I want to be a world-champion. What I always said that I want to be special"

Do not try to be "successful" in the gym, pal. Do something special, performance not the results. It is no loosing strategy

Comment

Well thanks for every answears, Man imma get my lazy ass to the gym again!
      I went yester day after dinner and it was "fun" for about 15-20 minutes!

Well im packing stuff and im heading to the gym in any minute! Atleast imma try to be there for an hour!

Never give up, right! It's alright to cut down but never put water on the fire!

Orderd a boxing book just to increase my motivation, we will see if it works!

calcium and magnesium, vitamin C = check

Have a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        You don't want it enough simple, I highly doubt you'll find motivation by asking opinions on a forum because reality is 95% of this forum are likely out of shape and have zero motivation themselves.

If you want it bad enough, get off your lazy ass, stop feeling sorry for yourself, put some music on that hypes you and get to the gym and rip it up.

If its cold, get a good meal, wrap up and get through it. Its only an hour or so...

Not sure what you expect us to say. Even half hour a day is better than no training. Maybe do something different, go swimming or cycling, something you don't normally do.

Survivor - Eye of the tiger, put it on full blast and if that don't motivate you, you're doomed!
        I'm with him. Something else though, people usually develop an internal sense about exercising & look at it like working out.

You have to change the thought process. You have to view it as training. You take "training" more seriously than simply "working out".

Comment

You don't want it enough simple, I highly doubt you'll find motivation by asking opinions on a forum because reality is 95% of this forum are likely out of shape and have zero motivation themselves.

If you want it bad enough, get off your lazy ass, stop feeling sorry for yourself, put some music on that hypes you and get to the gym and rip it up.

If its cold, get a good meal, wrap up and get through it. Its only an hour or so...

Not sure what you expect us to say. Even half hour a day is better than no training. Maybe do something different, go swimming or cycling, something you don't normally do.

Survivor - Eye of the tiger, put it on full blast and if that don't motivate you, you're doomed!
          I'm sorry you lost your job but that is no excuse. You don't need a fancy gym pass to train! I've seen guys as ripped as anybody on the planet, swole 24/7 who have never stepped in a gym in their life. Improvising with park equipment.

Having no motivation is basically quitting. Its all in the mind. Nobody can help you but yourself. Will power!

Hell I don't want to work, I don't want to get up most days, I don't wanna do a lot of things life throws at me but sometimes you've just got to block it all out and crack on with it. Grit your teeth together and say fcuk it, it'll only take so long then I can do what I like.

The more you sit there dwelling, the more accustomed to getting lazy and the more unfit you will get. The less motivated you will get!
          You've gotta want it, you've gotta strive and make sacrifices, push through it, push through those pain barriers and the mental barriers.
          This is why fat people more often than not stay fat for decades/their whole life, they get used to it & they die young from a heart attack because they hadn't the motivation, the discipline to get up and strive for ****.

Its all in the head, just like boxing, just like nearly every sport and everything in life, its more mental than physical.

That is my take anyway.
          These are great posts.

I can attest to the 2nd part. When I was unmotivated broke and not going to the gym I always still watched videos at my house and did drills I had learned in my basement, back yard, and ran the track.

By the time I had got back to the gym I was in decently good shape and had my technique upped and immediate praise by the trainers.

Do little things if you want to get motivated. Watched a good fight and want to throw a few jabs in the air? Go for it, little by little youll get it back untill youre back in full swing.

Comment

I'm sorry you lost your job but that is no excuse. You don't need a fancy gym pass to train! I've seen guys as ripped as anybody on the planet, swole 24/7 who have never stepped in a gym in their life. Improvising with park equipment.

Having no motivation is basically quitting. Its all in the mind. Nobody can help you but yourself. Will power!

Hell I don't want to work, I don't want to get up most days, I don't wanna do a lot of things life throws at me but sometimes you've just got to block it all out and crack on with it. Grit your teeth together and say fcuk it, it'll only take so long then I can do what I like.

The more you sit there dwelling, the more accustomed to getting lazy and the more unfit you will get. The less motivated you will get!
            You've gotta want it, you've gotta strive and make sacrifices, push through it, push through those pain barriers and the mental barriers.
            This is why fat people more often than not stay fat for decades/their whole life, they get used to it & they die young from a heart attack because they hadn't the motivation, the discipline to get up and strive for ****.

Its all in the head, just like boxing, just like nearly every sport and everything in life, its more mental than physical.

That is my take anyway.
            Probably one of the most motivational/inspirational quotes I have read on here, green k!

I'm tearing it up at the gym tomorrow in honor of this post, no lie lol
            Last edited by _original_; 09-27-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I highly doubt you'll find motivation by asking opinions on a forum because reality is 95% of this forum are likely out of shape and have zero motivation themselves.

Comment

i go to work while going to the gym and uni at the same time. no excuses

Comment

I'd suggest going to a class, being with other's motivates you.

I started doing boxercise 3 times a week, now doing kettlebells, TRX, Vipr and the class thing makes me train like a demon.

Comment

Originally posted by FightFit View Post
                    I agree with dan on this one,what hes saying is spot on.
                    I also agree. the mind is the head-coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Xweetie View Post
                      Have a hard time to get my ass to the gym lately!

I totally lost it, been 'bout two weeks now and i feel tired, lay in bed til like 1.00 pm, I dont even do my originally morning jog!.

I guess its just that time of the year, getting cold and dark outside, you just dont feel for doin it!

pretty much a nonsens post, soooo do any of you guys feel the same?

I try to find some motivation by surfing around reading about you guys but it's impossible!
                      I watch the Rocky movies, or GI Jane or watch videos of competitions of my favorite athletes, but yeah, once you skipped a few trainings or more - it's always hard to get back into the rut...

Comment

Working...
                      X