No announcement yet.

Mexico, 22 vs Puerto Rico, 41 - Lets name the Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
    great job once again!!! it seems like you want someone to tell you that mexico have won the most important fights bla bla in order.. to make you feel prouder...

ok I will do it.

Mexico > Puerto Rico in the most important fights?? is that good enough

on a side note.

Puerto Rico p4p #1 Champions Developers in the World! dont forget about that... plus we are as big as half of tijuana !

really.. good job... with the list
    I'm just messing around man, it's all in good fun. Given it's size, Puerto Rico is the boxing capital of the world. And the best matchups ever made were between Puerto Rico and Mexico IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
      so if those two dont count, margarito vs cintron doesnt count and margarito over cotto and cotto over gomez.

cotto was born in rhode island
      margarito was born in california
      cintron was born in philadelphia
      Cotto was born in Rhode Island? WTF??? Cintron born in Philly? WTF??? Have you been drinking again?

Comment

• The best way to determine something like this isn't on a fight by fight basis. A better way would be to take the top fighters from both countries, then see who they fought and if the fighter has over a certain amount of wins over the other country then he's added to the list for his country.

For example, lets say we set the fight limit at 5 or more fights all needing to be championship fights. If a Mexican fighter has beaten 5 Puerto Rican fighters in championship fights, then he's added to the list. And so on a so forth.

Fight by fight will keep us here forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
          The best way to determine something like this isn't on a fight by fight basis. A better way would be to take the top fighters from both countries, then see who they fought and if the fighter has over a certain amount of wins over the other country then he's added to the list for his country.

For example, lets say we set the fight limit at 5 or more fights all needing to be championship fights. If a Mexican fighter has beaten 5 Puerto Rican fighters in championship fights, then he's added to the list. And so on a so forth.

Fight by fight will keep us here forever.
          I'm confused, start an example.

Comment

• First, you start over. Here's go it goes.

Second, you have to decide how many fights would a fighter need with a certain group of fighters (or race of fighters) in order to declare that he's beaten enough. Also, they'd have to be in championship fights. So, you have to set a minimum number. Let's say we use 3, for an example.

Then go through all the major Mexican and Puerto Rican fighters, and see how many have beaten fighters from the opposite country. The ones with 3 or more wins agaisnt their rivals in title fights is added to the list in FAVOR of their country.

Once you have that, you'd have shorter lists and a better idea of which fighters and which race truly dominated in any way.

It'd also eliminate the meaningless wins and disable them from counting against either country.

I hope I explained myself better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
              First, you start over. Here's go it goes.

Second, you have to decide how many fights would a fighter need with a certain group of fighters (or race of fighters) in order to declare that he's beaten enough. Also, they'd have to be in championship fights. So, you have to set a minimum number. Let's say we use 3, for an example.

Then go through all the major Mexican and Puerto Rican fighters, and see how many have beaten fighters from the opposite country. The ones with 3 or more wins agaisnt their rivals in title fights is added to the list in FAVOR of their country.

Once you have that, you'd have shorter lists and a better idea of which fighters and which race truly dominated in any way.

It'd also eliminate the meaningless wins and disable them from counting against either country.

I hope I explained myself better.
              Well I know Gomez and Calderon have beaten more than 5 mexicans in title fights.

Chavez Sr, has beaten at least 5 puerto ricans in title fights

Comment

• Originally posted by Puas View Post
                Cotto was born in Rhode Island? WTF??? Cintron born in Philly? WTF??? Have you been drinking again?

just listen to the first fight second of the fight

Margarito, born in Torrance and raised in Tijuana,

http://danielhernandez.typepad.com/d...margarito.html

http://www.groundreport.com/Arts_and...taples-Cente_2
                Last edited by oc9979; 01-11-2009, 11:15 PM. Reason: add

Comment

I heard Cotto was born in Pakistan on a rainy Monday morning.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if that is accurate? It's kinda funny if it is, being that the most recent big Mexico - PR fight was between him and Margarito. One born in Cali and the other in R.I.? WTF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puas View Post
                      Hmmm, I wonder if that is accurate? It's kinda funny if it is, being that the most recent big Mexico - PR fight was between him and Margarito. One born in Cali and the other in R.I.? WTF.
                      What Mexico is right next to the United States and Cottos parents were from Puerto Rico. Cotto was upstaged in his own undercard by Daniel Santos

Comment

Working...
                      X