Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christopher Nolan: Making morons feel sophisticated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    Interstellar is probably the greatest movie of all time.
    It wasn't even the greatest movie of the month it came out.

I'm sure some liberal hipster will come in here and tell us how some boring, slow-ass, black and white piece of crap by Cuebrick is better though.
    Like what? The Killing? Lolita? Dr Strangelove?

Funny how this only applies to movies though, you won't hear them proclaiming the car the Flintstones drove thousand of years ago as better than a Bugatti Veyron.
    The... Flintstones?

You might hear them saying that a 1924 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost is better than a Veyron. At least a Silver Ghost is less likely to be driven by a fucking rapper.

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
    Well that was convoluted and pointless.
    You just saw Interstellar?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      It wasn't even the greatest movie of the month it came out.
      SMH Squealpiggy. You are like in the 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001 that put this movie down. Like going to the Moonlight Sonata song on Youtube, and seeing thousands of likes on the video, but then there's those 5-6 dislikes from the nitpickers.

Interstellar will go down as one of the greatest, most influential sci-fi films of all time. 2001 Space Odyssey, Contact, Interstellar. That movie is cut from the same cloth as them. Sci fi movies about space travel will probably take a lot from Interstellar. It really set the bar high.

Comment

I thought Interstellar was good.

You don't really know of a films importance until years down the line. Blade Runner was mixed in reception when it came out, but so so so many movies took elements of Blade Runner that you saw it's influence years down the line, why it's seen as a classic.

Not that I think Interstellar will ever be seen as a classic, but we don't know. Visually it was one of the greatest sci fi movies ever, and who's to say that movies in the future that do space exploration topics won't take a lot of elements from Interstellar???

Interstellar was agonizingly close to a masterpiece. The ending was great, but I felt a more ambiguous ending would've been better. Instead of explaining everything after landing on Cooper Station, what if it had ended with the tesseract closing and Cooper traveling back through the wormhole reaching out to Hatheway, and then he leaves the black hole floating through space with the close up of his face, and boom the end.

I also feel like some of the corny lines from Hatheway could've been taken out.
        Last edited by 4Corners; 06-23-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Say what you will about Christopher Nolan, but he's one of the directors who emerged in the last 20 years or so that is GREAT, IMO.

Nolan
          Tarantino
          PT Anderson
          Fincher
          Russell

Affleck, Mcqueen, Miller, Cuaron, Bigelow, Mendes, Refn, Inarritu are great too, but I really feel those 5 are in a league of their own right now. Of course Spielberg, Scorsese, Coen Brothers are amazing, but they're already ATG's.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

You might hear them saying that a 1924 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost is better than a Veyron. At least a Silver Ghost is less likely to be driven by a fucking rapper.

I can see some rapper or superstar baller buying a Silver Ghost and putting 22 inch rims on it and dvd screens and riding around with his pimp cup, just because he's so rich that he can do it and show everyone how big his willy is

Comment

I thought Interstellar had a few really great emotional parts too, you can tell Nolan's biggest influences in making Interstellar were Spielberg and Kubrick's 2001.

But the scene where Cooper is watching the footage of his son and starts crying, or at the end when Murph is on her death bed and she finally reunites with Cooper, those were very good emotional scenes IMO.

Comment

im still wishing for David Fincher to make a sci-fi movie

in a mean time, lets hope this one delivers

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                  im still wishing for David Fincher to make a sci-fi movie

in a mean time, lets hope this one delivers

He did do Aliens 3, lmao terrible, but it was just to get his foot into the door.

I think with full reigns he can make a great Sci Fi film. Ridley is hit or miss, more often miss lately.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    He did do Aliens 3, lmao terrible, but it was just to get his foot into the door.

I think with full reigns he can make a great Sci Fi film. Ridley is hit or miss, more often miss lately.
                    yeah Aliens 3 sucked, the theatrical version at least. Have you watched the Assembly Cut? an improved version i must say.

Once upon a time, Ridley Scott's sci-fi resume is probably the best all-time (Alien, Blade Runner) until Prometheus (not that bad but certainly not good either). I hope The Martian brings him back to that status

Comment

I'm glad somebody already bumped this thread: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ight=inception

Strange turnaround from a few years back. Though to be fair Dark Knight Rises just wasn't good... Interstellar was meh. Entertaining but a lot of it I wasn't a fan of.

I'm not even a huge Nolan fan, I loved The Dark Knight and The Prestige, but the rest of his movies I'm not too crazy about. But I do really like Christopher Nolan, it is cool to see a big name director make these ambitious movies. I'm not crazy about his movies but I respect what he is doing. Especially in the age where audiences are getting beaten to a pulp by these super hero movies.

Comment

Working...
                      X