Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory on Mayweathers delay and why he will not fight in September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Berto is the guy for September he has to fulfill his contract but I don't think Berto will be his last fight

Comment

Some of you people are either 1) pretty stupid or 2) overthinking this kind of stuff.
      Floyd is a great negotiator (or has a great advisor). He's learned that the A-side not only controls the money, contract stipulations, etc...but he can also wait until the last minute to officially announce the fight. This is for many reasons, but namely bc it gives his opponent less time to get mentally prepared.
      He could hand Khan a contract tomorrow, and the fight would be signed. Everyone wants to win the mayweather sweepstakes, and he knows it. Hell, he brags about it publicly.
      Remember how long it took for the Pac fight to be officially official?
      It's all mind control. And for all of his faults, his skills in the ring have some transference to other aspects of his life.

Comment

I seriously hope he doesn't fight Berto.

Comment

After reading that I've come to the conclusion that Mayweather could be a lot more offensive and visually pleasing if he didn't have bad hands, even at this age. And I understand why he doesn't, because he's good enough on defense alone to get by.
          Hasn't he complained about his hands for every fight since the Augustus(maybe wrong guy) fight?

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            I read about a fighter in the 50's in New York who fought 3 times in one day.

Two 10 rounders and 1 12 rounder. And he had to travel for the third, LOL!

But you don't know his name and neither do we.

Obviously he wasn't fighting on a championship level

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
              Murray just moved up to SMW and had two fights in less than a month. THAT is highly active.
              Murray isn't 38.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                But you don't know his name and neither do we.

Obviously he wasn't fighting on a championship level
                It's not even up for debate that old school champions fought a ton.

I believe he was part of Murderer's Row and those guys were talented.

I was reading about some of the murderer's row guys and even main event fighters fought 3 times a month, lesser guys 3 times a week.

Different era.

here is a link to them

https://goo.gl/cCJ785
                Last edited by jreckoning; 07-25-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  Murray just moved up to SMW and had two fights in less than a month. THAT is highly active.
                  Pretty sure floyd could also fight two guys with records of 14-3 and
                  19-5-2 in a month. Hes trying to come back, its the standard bum of the month strategy, not a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                    I believe the contract negotiations for an extension are real,
                    I also think for that the reason he will not fight in September. If Floyd is to sign a 3 fight extension he will want some time off.

He has been highly active (two fights a year) since signing that deal that he may need to take a break and fight next year.

I think he will give Pacquiao a rematch next Cinco de Mayo,
                    Pacquiao will be fit and their will no excuses.

Berto is being used as a smoke screen, combine that with Floyd posting pics of him training on social media (clearly old photos) and you'll soon realise he has no intention of fighting in September and is using Berto as bait for a new deal.

I'm probably wrong but just wanted to throw this out there.

Thoughts?
                    thanks for confusing me with this dribble.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                      I believe the contract negotiations for an extension are real,
                      I also think for that the reason he will not fight in September. If Floyd is to sign a 3 fight extension he will want some time off.

He has been highly active (two fights a year) since signing that deal that he may need to take a break and fight next year.

I think he will give Pacquiao a rematch next Cinco de Mayo,
                      Pacquiao will be fit and their will no excuses.

Berto is being used as a smoke screen, combine that with Floyd posting pics of him training on social media (clearly old photos) and you'll soon realise he has no intention of fighting in September and is using Berto as bait for a new deal.

I'm probably wrong but just wanted to throw this out there.

Thoughts?
                      lol at fighting twice a year as "highly active" lol

Comment

Working...
                      X