No announcement yet.

Steward tells Broner to be his own man and develop his own personality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steward tells Broner to be his own man and develop his own personality

On HBO Larry Merchant mentioned that Broner told him that he and Steward ran into each other in Vegas after the Pac-Bradley fight and that they had a conversation. And the topic of that conversation was Steward telling Broner to be his own man and develop his own style and personality.

Was Broner's punch output tonight and the fact that he himself said that he wants to be known as a "fighter" instead of a safe "boring" boxer a way of him taking Stewards advice?

Will Broner develop his way into a full blown fighter instead of a defensively minded safe distance fighter? He has the offense and defense to become one if you ask me. What do you think?

Originally posted by #thirsty View Post
    On HBO Larry Merchant mentioned that Broner told him that he and Steward ran into each other in Vegas after the Pac-Bradley fight and that they had a conversation. And the topic of that conversation was Steward telling Broner to be his own man and develop his own style and personality.

Was Broner's punch output tonight and the fact that he himself said that he wants to be known as a "fighter" instead of a safe "boring" boxer a way of him taking Stewards advice?

Will Broner develop his way into a full blown fighter instead of a defensively minded safe distance fighter? He has the offense and defense to become one if you ask me. What do you think?
    Broner has always fought like that, he just wasnt as diverse on the insides. Manny didnt tell him anything to have an affect on his fighting style. Broner is Broner.

Comment

The biggest improvement I saw today was fighting in the pocket. He can be a dangerous inside fighter with that kind of quickness and power.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        Broner has always fought like that, he just wasnt as diverse on the insides. Manny didnt tell him anything to have an affect on his fighting style. Broner is Broner.
        Not really if you ask me. He looked different tonight. He was offensively minded despite his target basically being a punching bag with no head movement. And he did tell Oscar that he wanted to be known as a fighter and that he dedicated that fight to Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by #thirsty View Post

I honestly think what Steward said to him resonated. You can tell in that pre fight interview with Merchant, he didnt like being compared to mayweather not because of any negative just cause of how merchant made the point like you trying to copy him, and then broner said something along the lines that its cool to look up to someone but not copy them. So Broner growing up maturing in front of our eyes (he should already be, but hey he a late boomer just listen to his voice).

Comment

Broner still fought like a stationary poor man's Floyd. I don't think he's gonna change his style anytime soon but that was good advice from Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              The biggest improvement I saw today was fighting in the pocket. He can be a dangerous inside fighter with that kind of quickness and power.
              This is why I like to watch training videos. If you watch Broner on the heavy bag, you can tell that he has a good inside game. Tonight was the first night that he put it on display.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                This is why I like to watch training videos. If you watch Broner on the heavy bag, you can tell that he has a good inside game. Tonight was the first night that he put it on display.
                Yup, don't know about the whole grunting thing and fighting with your mouth open but w/e.

Comment

Yeah, he showed an excellent inside game, which I didn't think he had.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Yeah, he showed an excellent inside game, which I didn't think he had.
                    Agreed. Lot's of power in those short close punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X