No announcement yet.

Adam Booth explains Wladimirs ducking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Booth explains Wladimirs ducking

Adam Booth has told Sky Sports News he is 'sick and tired' of dealing with the 'arrogant' Klitschkos, saying they are further away than ever of agreeing to fight David Haye.

Wladimir Klitschko insisted on Monday that he is ready to fight Haye on July 2 in a heavyweight unification fight, despite both men facing title defences in the interim.

But Haye's trainer and manager says negotiations are not even close to being completed and cited Team Klitschko's 'arrogance' as a major stumbling block to staging the potential blockbuster.

"David and me are tired of the publicity that Klitschko keeps continuing to spout," Booth said.

"I haven't heard anything from the Klitschkos since the new year when they told me they were going to be fighting Dereck Chisora next instead of David, after having giving them everything they wanted.

"(It was) a total waste of time, we never got to the contract stage and it's so far from being a completed deal because they were looking for any reason not to make the fight last time we negotiated.

"They said 50-50 we said 'fine', even though David brings more to the table, they said it has to be on RTL even though RTL would pay less than our German broadcaster, so we said 'fine', how much are you putting into the pot from RTL, and they say 'we're not telling you'.

"It's one-upmanship publicity and it's just a bit tedious and a bit tiring as far as i'm concerned.

"That's the kind of logic you get when you're dealing with that level of arrogance."

Booth insisted Haye is happy to get in the ring with the WBO and IBF champion but will not shirk his responsibilities as the WBA title holder.

"David is a WBA champion and if they think the WBA are going to let their championship sit and rot on the shelf, while he goes about his business, that's just another indication of how arrogant they are," he added.

"They don't know how to negotiate a 50-50 fight because they've never been involved in one.

"He had 50-50, walking out second, being in the red corner...David just wanted to get into the ring.

"Even then he said, no thanks we're going to fight Dereck Chisora. Then he came out with excuses like it was Sky's fault for not pushing Amir Khan's fight around.

"The level of arrogance is unbelievable and we're sick and tired it. If he wants the fight, get into the ring with David next.

"David's fighting in May, Wladimir's fighting in April. That gives David enough time to fight in October, if Wladimir wants to get in the ring with him.

"But the negotiations we had last time was the first time I believed he doesn't want to get in the ring with David."

I can't keep track of who is to blame anymore...

Comment

Booth is a sniveling little hypocrite - he never wanted his little slut to fight Klitschko. He is an opportunist, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        Its Wlad....He's been caught in the lie that exposes him. Saying all this time he'll face Haye on July 2nd when Adamek has actually signed to face him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          I'll tell you who is to blame, Adam Booth.

He is full of talk, has had the possibility of nailing this fight for three (count them) three years now and due to his incompetence David Haye has only been able to fight two men since he won the title and one of those was not even rated in his own country.

I'm not saying K2 are the easiest people to negotiate with but Booth has consistently been there to throw a spanner in the works.

Haye is scared to make a statement because of Booth. Here is Haye's last tweet, from Thursday:
          U only have til this Sunday to grab a special edition addition HAYEMAKER Bookazine Vol.1 from WHSmiths (UK) now only£4.99 - hurry! ;-)
          This fight will probably be signed after the Chisora fight. Haye will fight the winner of that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
            I'll tell you who is to blame, Adam Booth.

He is full of talk, has had the possibility of nailing this fight for three (count them) three years now and due to his incompetence David Haye has only been able to fight two men since he won the title and one of those was not even rated in his own country.

Hmm I dont know about that, the first time with the haye injury i definately think they were ducking Klitshko. However since it seems more like K is ducking now, In the december episode of ringside (sky sports) they had Booth as a guest and they had Klitshkos manager on the live screen, Booth basicly put him on the spot and shut him down.

Comment

I am a fan of the Klit bros, but I have noticed every puncher that wants to fight Wlad is steered towards Vitali and the boxers are steered towards Wlad.
              I think it is a careful bussiness decision because either brother could beat any of these journeymen being thrown at them.

Comment

the truth is that Wlad is the man at the weight. that dispute ended with the chagaev fight and that was a couple years ago now. if you wanna be the man, you have to beat the man.

haye is a titlist but he isn't the best at the weight and he isn't behaving like that is his priority, it's more like his priority is to be a good businessman.

if wlad will honestly sign with a 50/50 split and even if he won't, haye can't make these cheap excuses. he can worry about being a perfect businessman later or else his career won't even go beyond the alphabet titlist level anway. what other match of consequence can be made for him at heavyweight?
                Last edited by MonsieurGeorges; 02-07-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by breezy53 View Post
                  Hmm I dont know about that, the first time with the haye injury i definately think they were ducking Klitshko. However since it seems more like K is ducking now, In the december episode of ringside (sky sports) they had Booth as a guest and they had Klitshkos manager on the live screen, Booth basicly put him on the spot and shut him down.
                  I remember that episode and they went into talks AFTER that episode but there is dodging. They had agreed on 50/50 and its not happenned because Wlad wants to fight Chisora, which he will. The problem is Haye cannot sign to fight Wlad until Wlad beats Chisora. He can then cancel the fight with his mando and sign the fight on the 2nd July:

Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Adam Booth is one of the biggest ****s in boxing. A complete prick.

Booth = No Truth

Comment

Working...
                    X