Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Haymon flexing his purse bid muscle anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
    That makes no sense. Povetkin's promoter has more money than PBC. If he wanted the fight made on his terms all he would have to do is petition the WBC for an expedited purse bid. But instead he's negotiating with Haymon/DiBella.
    It actually makes a lot of sense. If it went to purse bids Rabiensky would win that easy but the splits are 70-30 wilders way, which doesnt really help povetkin much.

Povetkin wants the deal because he knows wilder will give him more money just to avoid going to russia

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Your sig lmfao
      What's funny is that Barrera will be getting more money than the 300k everybody said he should take.
      He ain't getting paid off us though

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
        Yes, out of all the people in the MW division... Wade is the bravest of them all.

And McJoe Arroyo? He's just brave to go to the PI and defend there? Or Haymon didn't have 25.1k to spend?
        I realize the point of your post is that Haymon is running out of money or whatever, but in the case of the Golovkin purse bid, it's kind of irrelevant. Haymon had GGG by the balls. Haymon could have bid an extravagant amount money he didn't even have, and he still would have been able to force GGG to vacate because of his HBO contract. Haymon doesn't have to pay unless the the fighter accepts, which GGG wouldn't be able to do.

In the case, of McJoe Arroyo, why would he bid the same $3M that he did for Degale/Dirrell? The Arroyo fight is worthless, so he bid appropriately. If it was something like Stevenson/Kovalev, it would probably be different.

They likely are running out of money, but I don't think these two purse bids mean much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          I realize the point of your post is that Haymon is running out of money or whatever, but in the case of the Golovkin purse bid, it's kind of irrelevant. Haymon had GGG by the balls. Haymon could have bid an extravagant amount money he didn't even have, and he still would have been able to force GGG to vacate because of his HBO contract. Haymon doesn't have to pay unless the the fighter accepts, which GGG wouldn't be able to do.

In the case, of McJoe Arroyo, why would he bid the same $3M that he did for Degale/Dirrell? The Arroyo fight is worthless, so he bid appropriately. If it was something like Stevenson/Kovalev, it would probably be different.

They likely are running out of money, but I don't think these two purse bids mean much.
          So Haymon was just nice enough to no force a GGG vacate even though he has him by the balls? The next in line is Murata who Arum would definitely make...and Murata is just as trash as Wade, if not more... a very winnable fight and winnable belt. Now he's going to get the ass beating of his life

Also he doesn't need to bid 3M on Arroyo, he was going against Manny Pacquiao promotions who primarily operate out of the PI.... the last bid was won by GBP by the exact same amount... he couldn't even put some money up?
          Using money appropriately isn't something Haymon really does purse wise, now his fighter is getting about 20k and going to hostile territory.

I guess they don't mean much if you aren't really looking out for your fighter

Comment

Cash is running out. W&R are getting quite pissed already. Ratings for PBC are atrocious, Haymon fighters barely have any fans. Even Wilder's ratings plummeted. Quillin vs Jacobs was just terrible rating wise. They were pumping out cash to try to run the competition out of the sport but it didn't happen. Golden Boy has recovered, Top Rank is still going strong. HBO has the best fighters. PBC fighters only attract a very specific minority. They don't have any P4P stars or fan favorite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Cash is running out. W&R are getting quite pissed already. Ratings for PBC are atrocious, Haymon fighters barely have any fans. Even Wilder's ratings plummeted. Quillin vs Jacobs was just terrible rating wise. They were pumping out cash to try to run the competition out of the sport but it didn't happen. Golden Boy has recovered, Top Rank is still going strong. HBO has the best fighters. PBC fighters only attract a very specific minority. They don't have any P4P stars or fan favorite fighters.
              Wilder definitely the best out of the bunch IMO.

I've heard his name brought up numerous times from casual people I know, asking me if I saw the fight... so they have something there.

PBC have something in Wilder... they really. If he beats Povetkin, he could gain some serious traction...

Comment

Working...
              X