No announcement yet.

Grabbing is illegal. A point should be taken off after 3 holds at least

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grabbing is illegal. A point should be taken off after 3 holds at least

The point of grabbing is to stop your opponent punching you, often when hurt. If you take a knee then that's a point. Grabbing literally stops losing a point at times.

It doesn't add excitement to a match, so refs should be trained to deduct points.

Clinching should be penalized more when it's being done as a non-Boxing move.

If a fighter is hurt or visibly rocked then I understand.

At the same time referees need to let guys fight in the clinch when they have one arm free instead of being so quick to break it apart

Comment

Originally posted by No Tomorrow View Post
      Clinching should be penalized more when it's being done as a non-Boxing move.

If a fighter is hurt or visibly rocked then I understand.

At the same time referees need to let guys fight in the clinch when they have one arm free instead of being so quick to break it apart
      This.

clinching often times takes a different part of boxing completely out of the game. Inside game takes skill.

Comment

i remember how interesting the Wlad-Jennings fight became when the ref took a point away from Wlad for holding

Comment

What if both fighters are at fault?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post

then we stop the fight and give refunds

Comment

If the fighter being held has one arm free, he should be permitted to use his elbow to nail the holding bastard in the face with. He will let go pretty damn fast after that.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                then we stop the fight and give refunds
                Jack Reisss!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I can understand a badly hurt boxer hanging on for dear life. Other than that I don't like holders and holders and hitters. Some boxers don't even throw punches until they grab the other guy and then they start punching him with one hand while holding with the other hand which is illegal but seldom enforced. Not only do most referees allow too much holding but they are way to slow to break up a clinch. There is this new thing that some referees do. Instead of breaking up the clinch they tell the boxers to fight their way out of the clinch. The referee has no right to tell the boxers how to fight other than not allowing anything illegal. I have never seen a time when the ref told boxers to fight their way out of a clinch that the boxers actually did fight their way out of the clinch.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                    Double penalization and double disqualification (which in turn become a NC) if needed.

This used to happen regularly WAY back in the golden age where the referee would rule it a NC if he thought two fighters were holding too much or not engaging.

It may be extreme, but this sport is about combat - not minimal action strategy.

Comment

Working...
                    X