Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be excited for a Kell Brook vs Brandon Rios fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. Can't say that I am. Rios is basura.

Comment

Rios would have the most success against brooks since carson jones and hell I wouldent put it pass Rios to defeat Brook.

But to answer your question will I be excited? HELL YEAH!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Rios took Brook to a place he's never been.

Comment

Won't prove anything but it wouldn't be boring. I wouldn't be excited but I'd gladly watch it. It has some of the ingredients to cook up an entertaining fight.

Comment

I'm all for it. Should be a great action fight.

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
              Why fight Floyd? He'd probably make the same $$$$ against Rios,especially if it's in England. He'd be in a better position to fight Pac for real money if he impresses against Rios
              Marcos Maidana ended up with basically $4m for each of the two fights with Floyd (can't remember where I saw the info, but I think Maidana picked up a significant share of the TV rights across Latin America.

Brook is coming to the table with the UK boxing market backing him (with his promoter, Matchroom Sport, being the exclusive boxing promoter for Sky Sports).

He's not going to get 60/40, and probably won't get 70/30; still, if Canelo Alvarez basically got the short end of an 85/15 split and still ended up making $12m.

If Matchroom is able to get the UK rights for the fight with Mayweather, they can get 90/10 on the rest of the revenues and still make more money with the Mayweather fight.

Brook-Rios, even at Brammall Lane in Sheffield, isn't all that big a fight (Rios is a no-hope opponent, with no name value in the UK), and a Pacquiao coming off of another definitive defeat isn't all that big of follow-up prize either, if we're honest about it.

Brook-Pacquiao (with Pacquiao coming off of his shoulder surgery) doesn't do anywhere near the buys that Mayweather-Brook would do [Pacquiao did 700k PPV buys for Bradley II, and basically 400k PPv buys for the Rios and Algieri fights; imagine what the number would be done for a Pacquiao fight with an opponent with limited US recognition (and an apparent promoter/TV relationship that seems unwilling to spend the money to introduce him, as demonstrated by the marketing efforts for the four most recent Pacquiao fights)]

Brook isn't Hatton, but Hatton apparently got $6m-$8m, plus the UK rights, to fight Floyd Mayweather and ended up making significantly more than the guarantee once the UK money kicked in.

If Brook can get even $3m plus the UK TV rights, the UK rights for Mayweather-Brook could end up being worth 15-20 million British pounds.

Comment

I wouldn't be excited by it but its like 10x better than any dross Brook has been fighting his whole career bar Porter.

Comment

Working...
                X