No announcement yet.

Gary Russell Jr.: Abner Mares is 'tailor-made for me'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mares would be too much for Russell.

Love to see the fight to see me proved wrong, though.

Dat handspeed.....

Comment

Mares by 8th round stoppage with Mares winning at that point but with Russel Jr getting some rounds won.

Comment

Sit down Gary, you're not ready.

Comment

Mares can take a shot so if you injure your hand in that fight you ain't beating no one.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Mares another vastly overrated fighter

Comment

Mares is a chameleon in the ring...dude has a very underrated ring IQ imo....Russell hasn't fought anybody on Mares's level...if this fight gets made I wouldn't bet against Mares....Russell aint prove a damn thing to me yet except he can look like a superstar against bum level comp....thats all!!...time for dude to step up...asap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                He should demand this fight, Russell needs a career defining fight in his resume.
                Funny how numerous people on NSB were saying the same thing about Rigo when he was calling out Donaire. And let's not forget that it took numerous low blows and Russell Mora for Mares to beat Agbeko in the first fight.

Not hard to see Russell outboxing Mares-- even if he ends up with one hand.

Comment

fight changes after the 8 with mares wearing this dude down for the late ko. make no mistake about it though, russell can pull this off but i just dont see him overcoming mares' grit over 12.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
                    Mares another vastly overrated fighter
                    you. know. nothing.

that's a nice way of putting it.

Comment

I like russell but he better leave Mares alone at this point in his career. I think he will lose badly right now. You cant go from the level of garbage he's been in with to Mares.

Comment

Working...
                      X