Chavez Via KO/TKO
    20.00%
    Chavez Via Decision
    20.00%

Originally posted by ~Legendary~ View Post
    Who you got?
    Who do you got?

Comment

Salvador is more technically skilled. Might look something like Sanchez - Gomez but who knows, JCC had a hell of a chin and a lot of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Salvador is more technically skilled. Might look something like Sanchez - Gomez but who knows, JCC had a hell of a chin and a lot of heart.
        I think Sanchez would have won at 130 as that fight would have taken place earlier in the career of Chavez. Chavez was still green in many areas- especially on defense. Chavez was like fine wine and got better with age. If you look at Laporte vs. Chavez than you see how Laporte beat him to the punch and would get out of danger, i felt Laporte won 6-5-1, and with the point deduction it was a 2 point win. Ted Sares a boxing writer and others agree with my opinion.

I think if Sanchez had lived that fight would have taken place in 1984 or 1985 Chavez reached his peak between 1988-1992.

Triangle theories on common opponents is a wash, not even looking at wiki or boxrec, i do know both fought Castillo and Laporte. Castillo gave Sanchez a very tough close fight, while Chavez knocked him out about two years later. Laporte was beating Sanchez like 5-3, until Sanchez took control of the second half of that fight, and as i said i do think Laporte beat Chavez, even Richard Steele took a point away from Chavez for low blows, and even in RD 12 he could have taken another point away. Eusebio Pedroza also smacked laporte downstaris also, i don't know the man had kids after all that?

Comment

how would duran-ayala have played out @ 154 back then?

sorry my bad... i would hav favored an experienced sanchez over jcc...
          Last edited by talip bin osman; 08-18-2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X