Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the boxing community laugh at fighters that quit on their stools?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
    and who are you??? writter.... actor.. politician what?
    Singer/songwriter

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
      I maybe with the minority here but im a firm believer in you don't quit no matter what...this "no mas" bull**** don't jive with me...but I do agree 100% that the safety of the fighter comes firts...but that's what the corner, ref, and docs at ring side are for...the corner needs to know their figher...they need to know that by the time most fighters decide to quit it maybe too late...perfect example is the Hatton Maglinine (sp) fight....Yeah doode got pissed that his manager stoped the fight but he didn't look like a puss-e and saved a bit of grace by not quitting...I lose repect for those who quit in the ring...maybe they should have some signal or something they can give to their corner so they know when to call the fight without the boxer actually having to quit infront of all the cameras and all their fans...
      I suppose it is their job...

Comment

only if it's funny

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Drage View Post
          Singer/songwriter
          ok...

thanks man

Comment

Austin drage is a little f a g g o t who was on the english version of american idol called x-factor.

Comment

I got no problem with it if the guy is taking a lot of punishment. Fighters like Freitas, though, who quit just because they can't win anymore, is a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Drage View Post
                I dont think so because they could be in danger of dying.
                OF COURSE NOT... most people who would laugh at such a hting obviously have no idea what it takes to be in an even mild looking fight...punhes that dont appear to carry a lot of weight op power often do...you pay to watch a man go to his physical and mental limits and on some nights their limits arent the same as on other nights...It's a tough tough business, man, and to withstand body shots, liver shots, pains in your legs, ears, jaw....just because a guy doesnt appear to feel the punches or appear to be in pain doesn't mean he isnt...I always tried to mask whatever I was feeling, I didnt want ANYONE to know I was in any distress...been in fights where a guy stepped on my toe and split my big toe nail...a lot of pain...ripped the rotator cuff in my shoulder once...fought through heat stroke once that was so bad that I honestly thought I was in my dressing room THINKING about the fight when I was actually in the middle of the rounds...been cut with blood running in my eyes and the punches making each blow feel as though I was getting sliced with a blade...never actually quit but I certainly had it cross my mind, believe me

Comment

You would have to be a fighter yourself to truly empathize what someone goes through in the ring. It does annoy me a bit when I hear people call a fighter a *****, coward, etc...and it's usually coming from arrogant joes who wouldn't be able to handle two minutes in that world. I understand people have certain expectations from their fighters but not everyday is a good day and if you decide to go for broke, sometimes it ends very badly.

I never judge a man the slightest bit, unless I've been there myself. It's that simple.

Comment

It's easy for internet people who have never boxed before to call them cowards. No boxer is a coward, it's a mans game, you have to get punched for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by The Scientist View Post
                      You would have to be a fighter yourself to truly empathize what someone goes through in the ring. It does annoy me a bit when I hear people call a fighter a *****, coward, etc...and it's usually coming from arrogant joes who wouldn't be able to handle two minutes in that world. I understand people have certain expectations from their fighters but not everyday is a good day and if you decide to go for broke, sometimes it ends very badly.

I never judge a man the slightest bit, unless I've been there myself. It's that simple.
                      The best post I ever read on a message board about this subject.

Comment

Working...
                      X