Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather will never have a GREAT win......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
    Yoi just woke me up both margo and baldo were unknown to casual fans, but baldo scored a huge upset over judah which made everyone talk about him. Then he beat gatti and became a cindarella man in boxing, you know that. Add to that he had the belts and a great story line it was a better choice. I still dont see why you think he ducked, you seem to know your stuff ??
    well margarito had been on hbo and showtime many more times than baldomir. also margarito is mexican and there are a lot of mfexicans here. not so many argentinians. floyd has a long history of fighting mexicans. does he have a long history of fighting guys from argentina? no. also most everyone knew baldomir was a joke, he was losing to gatti before scoring a ko. floyd fought judah coming off a loss to a journeyman but he couldn't fight margarito who was ranked # 1 for 3 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      Margarito had no fan base and Nobody knew who margarito was until floyd left top rank and arum used Floyd's name to create a boogy man in margarito by claiming mayweather was afraid. Even though year and a half before all of this propaganda Arum proclaimed Floyd to be the fighter ever, better than ray Robinson and Ali..ok........Then margarito loses to Paul Williams, and I'm supposed to believe that a fight vs margarito would have been legit?
      yeah a margarito fight was a waste of time. why fight a guy who was ranked #1 for 3 years in a row. that would be silly. why not fight judah who just lost to a journeyman and the journeyman who beat him. that would make a lot more sense.

Comment

People always say floyd has never had a career defining fight, like a leonard vs hearns or a ali vs foreman. Thats true to a degree but my question is how is he ever gonna have a really great win if he's the favorite from 140 to 154, maybe even 160 depending who it is.

The reason why ali beating foreman was so great among everything else, is the fact everyone thought he was gonna get killed. Leonard was the same, people thought hearns and hagler were gonna destroy him.

The problem floyd has is even if he fought chavez jr. assuming he wins, floyd would probally still be the betting favorite. Thats crazy! Please dont start the manny thing either, no boxing expert thinks manny will beat floyd. Only fans think this, i watch ellie sechbac ask every trainer, fighter and promoter that question and 95% of them always pick floyd.

So the question is under these circumstances do you think floyd will ever be credited with a GREAT win. Or will he have to wait 20 years for that recognition.

P.S. even if you think floyd ducked some good fights he was still the betting favorite in every "DUCK" so how great would a margo or williams win seem now given how their careers turned out(margo-plaster) (williams-1 punch K.O.,lara loss).

thoughts ?
        Well. Floyd's resume could be better with more ATGs (depend how u define it) in their prime. Part of the mystique is the "0" which would enhances his marketability. Concern for the "0" may have prevented facing certain opponents. But the best win is still the Corrales fight. I think we can better judge him (more objective) in say 5 years to reflect his career when the hype finally dies down.

Comment

margarito had been on hbo 4 times(at least) at that point. why would they put a guy with no fan base on hbo 4 times? seems kinda strange. i bet baldomir was on hbo allllll the time. oh wait once.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            well margarito had been on hbo and showtime many more times than baldomir. also margarito is mexican and there are a lot of mfexicans here. not so many argentinians. floyd has a long history of fighting mexicans. does he have a long history of fighting guys from argentina? no. also most everyone knew baldomir was a joke, he was losing to gatti before scoring a ko. floyd fought judah coming off a loss to a journeyman but he couldn't fight margarito who was ranked # 1 for 3 years?
            You cant spin this one homie margo had no fan base and niether did baldo, but baldo had the belt(s) plural and the story. After he beat gatti way more casual fans knew who baldo was compared to margo, you know that. Casual fans are what count in ppv you know that. The judah fight was already set before baldo, baldo was suppose to be a tune up but you also know that already. Thats why he fought judah even tho he lost. Lets no forget the biggggggggest factor in this whole debate. Margo is the only legit opponent to really call floyd out, guess why?? He wanted to try that plaster out on floyds face. Wether we knew is irrelevant, margo knew beacause we all know that slow punching, i block with my face cheater had no chance against floyd or any other top fighter at the time.

Comment

You cant spin this one homie margo had no fan base and niether did baldo, but baldo had the belt(s) plural and the story. After he beat gatti way more casual fans knew who baldo was compared to margo, you know that. Casual fans are what count in ppv you know that. The judah fight was already set before baldo, baldo was suppose to be a tune up but you also know that already. Thats why he fought judah even tho he lost. Lets no forget the biggggggggest factor in this whole debate. Margo is the only legit opponent to really call floyd out, guess why?? He wanted to try that plaster out on floyds face. Wether we knew is irrelevant, margo knew beacause we all know that slow punching, i block with my face cheater had no chance against floyd or any other top fighter at the time.
              i don't know that. it's impossible to measure that. baldomir was a journeyman from argentina who was getting a lot of hype but margarito had been on hbo 4 times already and had a cult following, not to mention he's mexican and there's a lot more mexican americans here than argentinians.

the judah fight was not set. the fight was set on the condition that judah won the baldomir fight. he did not win hence the contract was null. floyd redid the contract though and took more of the money and made the fight still happen. what a nice guy.

and you admit baldomir was a tune up. why was floyd fighting a guy that was a tune up and why did he fight a guy that just lost a tune up fight and not the guy who was ranked #1 for 3 years?

Comment

yeah a margarito fight was a waste of time. why fight a guy who was ranked #1 for 3 years in a row. that would be silly. why not fight judah who just lost to a journeyman and the journeyman who beat him. that would make a lot more sense.
                You keep talkin this #1 nonsense explain this to me. Baldo had all the belts bacause he beat judah, who beat spinks, who beat mayorga, who beat forrest, who beat mosely. Where is margos name in that time line. Ranked number 1 by who the WBfoh. You do know bob admitted to bribing organizations for higher rankings for his fighters right. you know all this already.

Comment

You keep talkin this #1 nonsense explain this to me. Baldo had all the belts bacause he beat judah, who beat spinks, who beat mayorga, who beat forrest, who beat mosely. Where is margos name in that time line. Ranked number 1 by who the WBfoh. You do know bob admitted to bribing organizations for higher rankings for his fighters right. you know all this already.
                  he was ranked number 1 by the ring for 3 years. floyd never fought him. all those guys you mention also never wanted to fight margarito. what a coincidence. yeah baldomir was linear champ because he fluked one win. it's hard to be ranked #1 for 3 years and be in the top 5 for 6 years and be a fraud. how long was baldomir in the top ten? about a year then he fell off the planet. margarito also had a belt but floyd never wanted that belt for some strange reason.
                  Last edited by daggum; 07-18-2012, 03:16 AM.

Comment

he was ranked number 1 by the ring for 3 years. floyd never fought him. all those guys you mention also never wanted to fight margarito. what a coincidence. yeah baldomir was linear champ because he fluked one win. it's hard to be ranked #1 for 3 years and be in the top 5 for 6 years and be a fraud. how long was baldomir in the top ten? about a year then he fell off the planet. margarito also had a belt but floyd never wanted that belt for some strange reason.
                    Number one for beating who ??? Were talking 06 here. I just named 5 well known champions he didnt fight. Again number 1 for beating who?? For losing to clottey untill clotteys shoulder messed up, yeah right. Margos a B level fighter at best which we'll never know. But i do know he never fought a known champ so again Number 1 for beating who???

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      Its not hard to be ranked for 3yrs when your promoter pays for it. Again that wasnt my opinion that is a fact bob admitted to in federal court so i'll RESONABLY assume bob paid for that. Especially since their not an official boxing organization, doesnt GB own them now.

Comment

Working...
                      X