No announcement yet.

Do you agree with mayweather that Ward lost to Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    Hunter hasnt had much success with angulo, berto mayfield or khan.

Taking the canelo fight for money instead of spitting truth. Khan did have a solid showing vs a past it burnt out alexander.

Berto beat head case shot ortiz.big wow.

ANGULO hasnt done squat.

Mayfield hasnt done squat.

Jacobs hiring hunter is gonna get him knocked out. Jacobs best chance is to go tyson or fraizer on GGG. Boxing and trying to clinch is gonna get him beat up
    Wtf do you expect him to do with Berto, Mayfield and Angulo ffs?

Khan has shown improvements in defence and discipline, but regardless of who trains him, he will always be a flawed fighter. There's only so much a trainer can do.

Also Virgil was very public about not wanting Khan to fight Canelo, he said so before and after the fight...

Comment

I don't care how you scored the first fight. It could have really gone either way.

What I do care about is Ward's latest talk of retirement and how he's done everything he wanted. If he retires without giving Kovalev a rematch that was stipulated in the contract, he becomes the biggest b1tch in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        at least give some realistic options here.....

my pick would be "close fight lots of rounds where close and ward edged the decision"
        Nope. Its no sugar coating here.

Either you think he doesnt know how to score and kovalev LOST or he you agree with him and kovalev WON.

No close , its Wins and Losses. You dont get an asterisk for a close fight in the record books.

Comment

The great thing about this fight is that it was really close. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Mayweather seeing it going for Kovalev. I think people get so emotional about this fight because before the fight they saw Kovalev winning by KO. They were so disappointed they couldn't see it any other way than a win for Kovalev. Mayweather gave an honest opinion and you can't knock him for that. On the other hand I agree Ward's coach is way overrated.
          Last edited by HarvardBlue; 01-13-2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            The great thing about this fight is that it was really close. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Mayweather seeing it going for Kovalev. I think people get so emotional about this fight because before the fight they saw Kovalev winning by KO. They were so disappointed they couldn't see it any other way than a win for Kovalev. Mayweather gave an honest opinion and you can't knock him for that. On the other hand I agree Ward's coach is way overrated.
            I disagree

I think people are upset that ward got a gift decision much like bradley vs pac in fight 1. Ward landed some jabs and a few glancing left hooks. He never established a straight rt hand. He landed a few body shots. He was dropped and clearly down 5-1 with a knockdown to add on top of that.

Down the stretch there were no clear rounds for ward. Wards rounds he did win were still considered very close rounds in which not much action took place. Trading jabs and wrestling.
            The power punches being landed were kovalevs rt uppercut , kovales short rt hand . He went jab for jab with ward. Kovalevs jab knocked ward back and snapped his head up.

Wards power punches were glancing left hooks in which he missed more than he landed . 1 flush left hook. This was a perfect fight to have open scoring .

Comment

No. And yes, Floyd knows more about this sport than I do. He also knows more than those that agree with his opinion on the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                Nope. Its no sugar coating here.

Either you think he doesnt know how to score and kovalev LOST or he you agree with him and kovalev WON.

No close , its Wins and Losses. You dont get an asterisk for a close fight in the record books.
                well ok then record books show that Kovalev has a big fat Lon it courtesy of Andre Ward.

Comment

well ok then record books show that Kovalev has a big fat Lon it courtesy of Andre Ward.

LOL man, oh man

Comment

lol. Bigjavi who should the bears pick with the 3rd overall selection QB or defense?

Comment

Smh...

**** Floyd Mayweather and his opinions. You idiots will believe ANYTHING that comes out of this punk's mouth. He said he wanted to clean up the sport. Now, how did he do that, really? He brought in a FAKE and unproven organization that no one ever heard of before in boxing. He is a cheater who over tested his opponents, while he probably never got tested and was juiced to the gills. He also said that Manny was on roids and you morons believed that also. Smh. He also just said on First Take, how easy he beat Manny. This dude is a narcissist and a liar. He is the REAL fraud. He said he'll fight Connor but not Manny again? We all know that Manny won the first fight and deserves a damn rematch!!!!!!! He KNOWS what will happen, so he wants the road less traveled. Connor is not a professional boxer. His legacy is about to suffer some more. So, in conclusion, I could give a DAMN about who he thinks won the fight. He doesn't like Ward anyway. Why? Because Ward is a mature man who doesn't take BS off of Floyd. That's why. Just like Manny doesn't. So, of course he is going to say that. Smarten up humans.

Comment

Working...
                      X