Pernell Whitaker vs. Aaron Pryor @ 140lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
    This. Hope you like the karma.

The only thing arguably close in this fight is who's love was bigger for cocaine.

Whitaker probably make him look like a B level fighter winning a wide decision.
    Appreciated, friend.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      Akio Kameda was a southpaw also.
      Pryor wasn't unduly troubled by Kameda, though, in my view. Pryor at his most blindly offensive was always open to replies and being caught off-balance and Kameda was game and a good puncher, so, I see it that Pryor's troubles in the fight were more ostensible; that's to say they were attributable less to the southpaw stance/style of Kameda than his battling heart and punching power when he would inevitably land, IMO. That one seemed like a fairly typical Pryor beatdown as I recall it.

Comment

Originally posted by -TRGB- View Post
        Pryor wasn't unduly troubled by Kameda, though, in my view. Pryor at his most blindly offensive was always open to replies and being caught off-balance and Kameda was game and a good puncher, so, I see it that Pryor's troubles in the fight were more ostensible; that's to say they were attributable less to the southpaw stance/style of Kameda than his battling heart and punching power when he would inevitably land, IMO. That one seemed like a fairly typical Pryor beatdown as I recall it.
        Salaamu alaykum akhi, he had more trouble than expected against an unranked unknown I think it was a combination of his reach, heart as you say and his southpaw stance. It just seemed like he was able to pick his shots better due to being a southpaw if I recall correctly been some time since I've seen that fight, maybe I'm just putting 2 and 2 together, I'm not sure Kameda was all that powerful, he never stopped anyone relevant.
        Last edited by RubenSonny; 04-02-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X