Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather become less relevant since the Pacquiao loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Mayweather become less relevant since the Pacquiao loss?

It looks like Mayweather seems to be more quiet during all this time.Ever since he got out of jail he never seemed to talk to the media or his fans to inform them and let them know what his next move was going to be .He just disappeared for a while out of the blank,and everybody kept wondering and asking questions what Mayweather was up to, and when his next fight was going to take place. Ever since Pacquiao lost against Marquez, He doesn't seem to seek the attention from the public or the media like he once had,of course only us the boxing fans really care who his next opponent would be or when was he getting back to the ring but aside from that nobody mentions him like they used to before.Mayweather would always say Pacquiao would piggyback off his name but I am starting to believe it would be vice versa as well and it would go both ways,and it would benefit both fighters on popularity and staying in the spotlight, After Pacquiao got knocked out doesn't it seem Mayweather doesn't get the same attention he once used to have? I am not a Pac hater or a Mayweather hater just giving my thoughts on all of this.

Absolutely! Everyone wanted him to fight Manny! Now hes fighting guys the General Fan base really dont know. Hard core boxing fans, and the small amount of Floyd fans still have interest in him though!

Comment

Originally posted by Ant Dgk View Post
      It looks like Mayweather seems to be more quiet during all this time.Ever since he got out of jail he never seemed to talk to the media or his fans to inform them and let them know what his next move was going to be .He just disappeared for a while out of the blank,and everybody kept wondering and asking questions what Mayweather was up to, and when his next fight was going to take place. Ever since Pacquiao lost against Marquez, He doesn't seem to seek the attention from the public or the media like he once had,of course only us the boxing fans really care who his next opponent would be or when was he getting back to the ring but aside from that nobody mentions him like they used to before.Mayweather would always say Pacquiao would piggyback off his name but I am starting to believe it would be vice versa as well and it would go both ways,and it would benefit both fighters on popularity and staying in the spotlight, After Pacquiao got knocked out doesn't it seem Mayweather doesn't get the same attention he once used to have? I am not a Pac hater or a Mayweather hater just giving my thoughts on all of this.
      Mayweather has always been secretive. This is nothing new. He hardly ever talks about Pacquiao either. Usually when he does, its during an interview when he has been asked about Pac. Even then, he doesn't say much. That's been one of the main things that has kind of turned me against him, is him being so secretive. Another thing is when he's been asked certain questions, he dances around the issue by answering in a way that is not really answering the question that was asked. I think he owes it to his fans to be a little more real, but for some reason, he wants to keep everything on the hush hush. I think now he is regarded even more as the best fighter in the world. Before there was more of a question if he really was number 1, but Pac got knocked out and things have changed.

Comment

nope.........wait till the fight is announced

Comment

Originally posted by Ant Dgk View Post
          Has Mayweather become less relevant since the Pacquiao loss?.
          I think both May and Pac have become irrelevant. They should have fought each other like 3 yrs ago.

Comment

Not as much interest in both fighters, it was the biggest story in boxing for the last 3 years now it's over. Mayweather didn't piggyback off of Pacquiao, it was the media that brought Pacquiao up all the time, Mayweather actually said on lots of occasions he didn't want to talk about Pacquiao.

Comment

lol ironically Pac is. Everyone is telling him to retire now. Pac's hype was built on the notion that he was supposed to be the one to beat Floyd.

That sleepy head couldn't even man up to a drug test. He was so shook that he had to fight in a court room rather a boxing ring.

Now nobody cares and is looking for the next hype machine that is supposed to beat old man Floyd.

Comment

Floyd has become less relevant to the bandwagon know nothing casual fans sure. Wow with Manny being KOed you guys still reach to somehow demean Floyd. You guys are pathetic. Floyd was the biggest draw in boxing before Pac came along and will be after hes gone. Deal with it.

Comment

Mayweather will always be relevant as long as he's boxing. Why do you think everybody and their mom is seeking a fight against him?

Comment

no.... all you haters can keep dreaming, since pac got ko'd nobody is even thinking about pacquiao anymore and the general consensus is mayweather is the best boxer out right now

Comment

Working...
                    X