• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Rogan blames racist UFC fans for keeping Jon Jones down

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/9/9/612...jones-down-mma

Wait, Joe rogan's legit ******ed?

Comment

Sorry, isn't jones one of the biggest stars of the UFC? Isn't Anderson silva, arguably, the biggest star ever? Wtf is he talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
        Wait, Joe rogan's legit ******ed?
        He is a comedian and does a lot of drugs by his own admission. He is now denying ever saying this.

Anderson Silva was/is extremely popular and even "blacker" and far more foreign than Jones. And he hoola dances and calls people slurs in the cage.

People don't like Jones for the same reason they didn't like Tim Sylvia. Fighters with size advantages and awkward personalities have never been fan favorites.
        Last edited by ////; 09-14-2014, 06:20 PM.

Comment

MMA fans don't like Jones because of his attitude and behaviors, not because he's black. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Sorry, isn't jones one of the biggest stars of the UFC? Isn't Anderson silva, arguably, the biggest star ever? Wtf is he talking about.
            Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
            He is a comedian and does a lot of drugs by his own admission. He is now denying ever saying this.

Anderson Silva was/is extremely popular and even "blacker" and far more foreign than Jones. And he hoola dances and calls people slurs in the cage.

People don't like Jones for the same reason they didn't like Tim Sylvia. Fighters with size advantages and awkward personalities have never been fan favorites.
            Originally posted by Rafael Trujillo View Post
            MMA fans don't like Jones because of his attitude and behaviors, not because he's black. Smh.
            Pretty much agree with everything you guys said

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              No GSP was and is the biggest star in the UFC, Silva was paid well according to UFC standards but he was far from the biggest PPV star attraction.

This thread was on Sherdog and it got over 40,000 hits and over 1000 replies in like two days, I won't make a comment on what Joe said but if there wasn't some truth to that statement it would not be such a hot topic obviously.

Comment

There's a thread on Sherdog now with 6,000 hits in a few hours titled "My lady just bought me these shorts" and 100 replies in half a day for Dan Henderson's wedding photo.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                  There's a thread on Sherdog now with 6,000 hits in a few hours titled "My lady just bought me these shorts" and 100 replies in half a day for Dan Henderson's wedding photo.
                  Umm ok?

Anyone who says that race does not play a factor in sports is someone who is:

A) being overly defensive

B) somebody who is trying to be politically correct

C) a compleat moron

Race plays a factor in every aspect of life, and in sports more so.

the funny thing is the people trying to say it doesn't, lol

But Hendo's wedding pic was pure gold! You got to admit, lol
                  Last edited by 2fast2strong; 09-15-2014, 06:14 AM.

Comment

lol @ saying it can't be racism because people love Anderson so much. Really? Anderson? He's also one of the most hated fighters in the sport, I would say close to Jones.

As for Rogan's comments, the worship of white fighters like Fedor and GSP while hating Jones and Anderson does not make Shertard's case any better. There is truth in Rogaines comments.

Comment

Working...
                    X