Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad's been tested and failed 3 times....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    I love boxing for the drama in the ring the trials and tribulations the knock outs and the back and forth action...I love boxing because I did it for some time and I know it is hard and not everyone can do it. I love boxing because unlike team sports you don;t have someone to fall back on it is you and the other guy man to man 1 on 1...I love boxing because it is the only sport in the world where wo highly conditioned trained athletes compete for 36 minutes or until ne of them cannot get up....All those things are absent from Wlads fights...he is condtioned and trained but it is very rare you find a HW lie that that mathyces those criteras today....Lefty
    lefty what the hell are you talking about???wlad wins all his fights by ko....53 wins and 47 ko's why are you complaining???because he doesnt fight reckless and exspose his weakness???thats called fighting stupid....

Comment

Originally posted by larrysmith View Post
      lefty what the hell are you talking about???wlad wins all his fights by ko....53 wins and 47 ko's why are you complaining???because he doesnt fight reckless and exspose his weakness???thats called fighting stupid....
      were just saying if he were fighting in the gladiator dayz that if the opponent did'nt kill him the crowd after watching his performance would...get me?

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
        were just saying if he were fighting in the gladiator dayz that if the opponent did'nt kill him the crowd after watching his performance would...get me?
        this is boxing,boxing not some damn gladiator movie..people do you understand what boxing is about???hitting and not getting hit..this isnt a rocky movie or some damn bar fight..brawlers might win a title..but smart fighters remain champions for extended periods of time cause they fight with their brain..dont like it then dont watch

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
          he would never get that wooden sword Proximo got from marcus CEaser in the movie...he fights like old people fcuk...Lefty

Comment

Wlad has been tested and failed in the past, but has come back better, smarter, and stronger every single fight afterward.

Talk all the smack you want about Wlad. He may not be the champ you want, but unfortunately for you, he's gonna be the champ for a long time.

Comment

Wlad is basically unbeatable right now, gotta respect him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Merseysideblood View Post
                Wlad is basically unbeatable right now, gotta respect him for that.
                yeah he is king standing atop a heaping pile of cow dung we call the HW Division. His fights are just short of a snooze fest and he is critizied not only by his haters but even by fans of boxing round the world like myself for not putting a little bit of excitment in his matches. I don't know about you but I rather watch a great fight then see a fighter of Wlads quality just jab and stiff arm his was to a shut out. Wlad come on there are more than just Jabs and straight right hands. Have you ever heard of a body shot, uppercut or a left hook?...I said it before and I will say it again I rather watch the grass grow in the dead of winter than ever tune in to another Wlad fight again.....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by ReppinDubK View Post
                  Can you explain what you are talking about? A stiff arm is thrown from the shoulder to a persons face to keep them away from you. As I understand it thats the whole concept of throwing a jab whats the illegal part?
                  Holding your lead hand out with your palm in someones face is illegal in boxing. Sort of like putting you palm on your little brothers forehead to keep him out of punching range. Wlad does this very often and is not warned or penalized for it. the jab is not a sitff arm sir.A jab is a quick punch fired by your lead hand and pulled back quickly to its originating place of rest
                  If you watch the vid of the last fight you will see that Wlad often holds his jab extended and uses it to hold back his opponent from advancing towards him...Lefty

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I will not listen to you say that Wlad is dirty. He just might be the cleanest fighting HW champion in history and I'm sure you know it when you think about it.

Lewis-holding and hitting
                  Holy-Every trick in the book. Butts, elbows etc.
                  Tyson-Biting, wrestling
                  And so on...............

Maybe the announcers called for it on yank TV. I don't know since I saw it in my own language. But as far as I can tell from the posting on this forum and from boxingscenes own reporters (most notably Jake Donovan) american commentating on Wlad or Vitali for that matter is extremely negative. I don't care who you are but for sure it will help create the viewers opinion wheter you want it or not.

One of the prime examples of this is the Holy-Valuev fight. Nearly everyone who watched on streams or yank tv had Holyfield winning lopsided while nearly all the reporters ringside thought the fight was very close and most probably had Valuev winning. I had Holy winning too. But only by a point. I watched it in german but I don't listen to the commentator simply because the language is slightly tough for me to comprehend.
                  Bat I am not calling Wlad the dirtest fighter I have ever see but yes he holds on the inside excessively and he uses his jab like a stiff arm. he holds it extended out and uses it to prevent his opponent from advancing. it is illegal to hold your jab out like that. Look it up in the rule book if you don't belive me. Non the less the reff allowed it in his past fight so it is what it is. If I have a tactic that would help me in the ring and the reff allowed it I would use it too whether or not it was illegal or legal....Lefty

Comment

Entertainers...?

A boxing match is two things: a sports event and an entertaining event. We all know, that Wlad excels in one and fails at the other.

Despite that, he attracts huge crowd (60,000 in the arena, 11 million on screen in Germany alone, that's HUGE for a 80 million country). And to give the spectators a better show, they surround the main event with some HOOBA BOOBA stuff. I think it's like "sorry dudes, boring fight, but we give you a side dish to the bland main course".

And I am thankful, that the K' brothers realized that boring boxing kills the interest in the sports, and at least put up a good show.

Comment

Working...
                    X