No announcement yet.

im starting to think Hatton may have a tougher time with Paulie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im starting to think Hatton may have a tougher time with Paulie

im starting to think Hatton may have a tougher time with Paulie the reason being because i dont think Hatton needs to change anything to beat Paulie but with Mayweather tinkering with his style it could give Paulie a more realistic chance of beating Hatton IMO, the way to beat Paulie is to put it on him and keep it on him not stand off him and give him room and time to pick his shots or slide out of corners etc

im all for Hatton learning new trick and all but i just hope he does not make too many drastic changes cause the old Hatton beats Paulie comfortably as far as im concerned so why change your style and try to be more measured when preassure and high intensity workrate, Body punching etc is what is needed here

Cotto v Malignaggi was closer than it should of been for two reasons Cotto did not apply CONSTANT preassure and he was too patient and the other reason was weight issues

Hatton is talking about outboxing Paulie he tries that he could well end up losing this fight

he's not outboxing paulie...he needs to put a vintage hatton mauling clinic to win this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
      he's not outboxing paulie...he needs to put a vintage hatton mauling clinic to win this fight
      agreed

as hard and crude as it is to watch that is what he needs to do here to win this fight easily

Comment

yea and people are seriously underestimating Paulie. He went 12 rounds with Cotto with a broken eye socket that he got in the second round and if it wasnt for the broken socket that came from the knockdown who knows Malignaggi might have won that fight cuz even with that he still only lost a close UD... now riddle me this is Cotto better than Hatton?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Made View Post
          now riddle me this is Cotto better than Hatton?
          The real question might be "is a weight drained Cotto better than Hatton?"

That said, I've got £5 on Paulie.

Comment

Cotto would knock Hatton the **** out early if Cotto could still make 140. I think Paulie has got this fight in the bag if he takes this fight serious which he better be. This fight will make or break his career

Comment

yea and people are seriously underestimating Paulie. He went 12 rounds with Cotto with a broken eye socket that he got in the second round and if it wasnt for the broken socket that came from the knockdown who knows Malignaggi might have won that fight cuz even with that he still only lost a close UD... now riddle me this is Cotto better than Hatton?
              Thats sum bum ass reasoning, if they fight different fights (which they do) thennyour theory goes out of the window.
              On the other hand they have been showing tidbits of Hatton all week and i heard him say something like i have faster hands now, faster than paulie's and ile show the world. Totally Unnecessary. Just go in there fight your fight with the help that Mayweather has given him he should win this fight

Comment

This will be an easy fight for Paulie, he will outbox Hatton and for the guy that asked... Cotto would kill Hatton!!!!

Comment

yeah Cotto is better but styles make fights and Cotto does not fight like Ricky Hatton and anyone who thinks he does dont know what they are watching

the only similarity is aggresion

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
                    yeah Cotto is better but styles make fights and Cotto does not fight like Ricky Hatton and anyone who thinks he does dont know what they are watching

the only similarity is aggresion

and the tendency to balloon up to 170+ in between fights

Comment

Working...
                    X