No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Nobody Beats Ward at 168, British Boxing is Well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dantheman1983 View Post
    Wouldn't say British boxing is is that great shape in the last year Barker, Macklin, Murray, Murray have failed to win world titles, albeit against good opponents
    & Khan, Haye, Froch & Burns to an extent have lost their titles & Cleverly has the WBO but it untested at world level. Kevin Mitchell & Kell Brook have a decent chance to win belts in 2012.
    Maybe it wasn't a good year for the UK in wins on the big stage, but look at all the names you mentioned who are competing at a high level against some good fighters. And still have another wave of even younger guys who might decide start to take on stiffer competition in Groves, Brook, and Degale, etc. Mitchell also working his way back up to the cusp to that of a new fringe contender...should try to make a fight like he had against Katsidis, someone close to top 10-15 maybe to see if he can be the real deal at that level

Comment

Not sure if Ward is unbeatable at 168...He's no Roy Jones. However, I'm not sure if there is any active 168lber who can beat him right now either.

Comment

froch is real

Comment

Originally posted by David1976 View Post
          He is a class act.
          Yes Froch is a Class Act. One quote makes up for all the **** he has talked for his entire career.

I like Froch but of course he's not a class act. One of the reasons I'm a fan is because he's such an @sshole!

Comment

Hard to argue with Froch. Class act.

Comment

Froch should be a damned motivational speaker. I think Im more bummed out about the outcome than he was.

Comment

Froch just can't refrain from talking crap. He thinks he's number two in the world, really? Maybe Bute and Kessler would argue over that point.

He seems to be more popular in the states than he is at home, maybe he should base himself in the states, few would miss him this side of the pond.

And British boxing has certainly seen better days. Still, with 'world beaters' like Tyson Fury in the pipeline what do we have to worry about?

Comment

Working...
                X