Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wow..fat dan reporting that Floyd vs Bradley.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    I just read the article and this sounds like nothing more than speculation.

I still think the hold up is the September guarantee that Canelo is demanding.

But the article said Bradley doesn't want to go down in weight and that he's not happy with the money for the Gamboa fight? I mean damn, fight somebody already. Who is he waiting for?
    I'm thinking (Hoping) everything it settled now and they will be announcing it on the Super Bowl weekend.

Which is next weekend. Isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I'm thinking (Hoping) everything it settled now and they will be announcing it on the Super Bowl weekend.

Week after next is SB weekend. The teams get 1 week off.

I think they'll announce it next week though since it will be a slow news week in the world of sports with no football on.

I think it's clearly going to be Floyd vs. RG and Canelo vs. Angulo.

Comment

I think they'll announce it next week though since it will be a slow news week in the world of sports with no football on.

Oh, ok.

It's got to be soon if it's May.

And I agree with your opponent choices, that seems like the logical option.

Mayweather-Guererro is signed already, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
          Quote:

Originally Posted by IronDanHamza

Where did you get the Angulo thing from? Did I miss something? It wouldnt surprise me tho. Since Angulo got out I had the feeling they were gonna build him up to then sacrifice him to Canelo. I thought the same about Pavlik and Chavez but he retired instead.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Where did you get the Angulo thing from? Did I miss something? It wouldnt surprise me tho. Since Angulo got out I had the feeling they were gonna build him up to then sacrifice him to Canelo. I thought the same about Pavlik and Chavez but he retired instead.

Well the winner of Kirkland vs. Angulo was supposed to be Canelo's next opponent but Kirkland injured his shoulder and threw a tantrum because they offered Ortiz more money than him to face Canelo. So I can't imagine when we will see Kirkland again.

Angulo couldn't be done in September because of his jail sentence and it would be a bad look fighting somebody that just got KTFO. But now he has a winning streak going and the fight makes a little more sense.

Plus I just saw Oscar tweet this:

Oscar De La Hoya ‏@OscarDeLaHoya
            Good fights last night. Rosado showed heart against Golovkin. Didn't Angulo knockout rosado in 2 rounds? Or is it a different Rosado.
            Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Comment

Well the winner of Kirkland vs. Angulo was supposed to be Canelo's next opponent but Kirkland injured his shoulder and threw a tantrum because they offered Ortiz more money than him to face Canelo. So I can't imagine when we will see Kirkland again.

Angulo couldn't be done in September because of his jail sentence and it would be a bad look fighting somebody that just got KTFO. But now he has a winning streak going and the fight makes a little more sense.

Plus I just saw Oscar tweet this:

Oscar De La Hoya ‏@OscarDeLaHoya
              Good fights last night. Rosado showed heart against Golovkin. Didn't Angulo knockout rosado in 2 rounds? Or is it a different Rosado.
              Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

I'd like to talk about the bold. We all know the story. So answer me this, do you think it's fair for golden boy to offer Kirkland less than Ortiz to fight ginger with an injured shoulder?? I think it's unfair to offer an injured fighter peanuts to fight.

Comment

I dont like seeing floyd fighting other black guys. should be strictly mexicans.

and to fight bradley on a mexican day is definitely going to bomb. should be done on mlk or bhm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I'd like to talk about the bold. We all know the story. So answer me this, do you think it's fair for golden boy to offer Kirkland less than Ortiz to fight ginger with an injured shoulder?? I think it's unfair to offer an injured fighter peanuts to fight.
                  No it's not fair. And injury aside, Ortiz isn't even a JMW and has never fought at that weight. I think the issue was they wanted to lowball Kirkland knowing he would turn it down to justify picking the smaller fighter, Ortiz.

And on top of that, they made Kirkland do Canelo's dirty work by putting him in there with Carlos Molina who is the most dangerous guy at 154 right now.

Comment

At the end of the day he is a Top Rank fighter,aint gonna happen

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...in-discussions

Not really reporting, more like speculating. I have my doubts. Even if Tim is PPV poison, I don't see Arum and his ego stepping aside so that GBP can use one of his fighters, especially not with the current acrimony between the two companies.
                      Arum said he would step aside if one of his fighters was the B side in negotiations.(like Mayweather/Rios or Mayweather/Bradley) That's a great deal for Arum because win/lose they get a ton more exposure and he still has them under contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X