Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Transgendered be Allowed in Military?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, ship em all off to wherever the next war will be.

Comment

I'm torn about trans people. I mean it's not like with ****sexuality where it's just an attraction to the same sex, something that only has negative mental health consequences because of the ways gays have been treated by society. This is somebody who genuinely believes that their sex assignment is fundamentally wrong, which strikes me as being a bona fide mental health disorder.

Comment

No thanks, especially if they want and expect the military to pay for their operations and or upkeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          No thanks, especially if they want and expect the military to pay for their operations and or upkeep.
          I'm cool with them joining, but IMO their choice to change sexes is their choice. Sucks you were born in the wrong body, but why the hell should the military pay for that stuff?

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
          You cannot change your gender. Women do not become men. They still have the same bone structure and strength of a woman, and we know that women soldiers are useless.

It's completely absurd that women are even in the military. They're a liability (and as a result, their existence is detrimental to the male soldiers around them), are rarely put in the same dangerous situations as the male soldiers, yet expect to get paid exactly the same.
          Only quoting to share my view on physical standards. I've had women tell me they're the same, if not better, than men.

Then why the hell are our physical standards so different? Why the hell is my minimum more than your maximum? Everybody should be kept to the same physical standards

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            I'm torn about trans people. I mean it's not like with ****sexuality where it's just an attraction to the same sex, something that only has negative mental health consequences because of the ways gays have been treated by society. This is somebody who genuinely believes that their sex assignment is fundamentally wrong, which strikes me as being a bona fide mental health disorder.
            Why is that? Surely it's just a lifestyle choice like any other. If you think that the sex assigned at birth dictates the way people live throughout their life, does that mean you feel that gender roles and gender specific behavior and stuff aren't just a product of society but something more?

I don't think not being happy with the way you were born or showing characteristics and living like the opposite sex is a mental health disorder. I thought a mental health issue was called such when it affected quality of life and limited a person, not simply acting like the other sex. I think that's getting a bit close to saying that anyone who acts eccentrically and doesn't conform to normal social standards has a mental health disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              Why is that? Surely it's just a lifestyle choice like any other. If you think that the sex assigned at birth dictates the way people live throughout their life, does that mean you feel that gender roles and gender specific behavior and stuff aren't just a product of society but something more?

I don't think not being happy with the way you were born or showing characteristics and living like the opposite sex is a mental health disorder. I thought a mental health issue was called such when it affected quality of life and limited a person, not simply acting like the other sex. I think that's getting a bit close to saying that anyone who acts eccentrically and doesn't conform to normal social standards has a mental health disorder.
              I'm with you up until the point of genital mutilation. Acting like a woman is a lifestyle choice, cutting off your penis seems to point towards mental illness.

Comment

No, they become a bigger target for the enemy. There's no reason to believe that the enemy wouldn't want to shoot a Tran-Man first.

EDIT-On second thought, after reviewing my comment I now believe that they do have the right to join the military, in fact they should be shipped to the most dangerous missions at all times.
                Last edited by BKM-2010; 05-15-2014, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Just open the door and let 'em in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulilin View Post
                    I'm with you up until the point of genital mutilation. Acting like a woman is a lifestyle choice, cutting off your penis seems to point towards mental illness.
                    Like circumcision?

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                      You cannot change your gender. Women do not become men. They still have the same bone structure and strength of a woman, and we know that women soldiers are useless.

It's completely absurd that women are even in the military. They're a liability (and as a result, their existence is detrimental to the male soldiers around them), are rarely put in the same dangerous situations as the male soldiers, yet expect to get paid exactly the same.
                      Bravo....

This is how it's done folks.

Comment

Working...
                      X