Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's Additional Muscle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's from the PEDs that Floyd uses in the off season.

Comment

He looked normal to me

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
        Ah, alright then. Why don't you agree with me mentioning genes? Do you understand fully what I meant by including it in regards to metabolism?
        If I didn't, then I wouldn't have disagreed. Simple disagreement.

Don't be one of those types that thinks that they know more about this stuff than anyone, please.

Now if you can explain it, then please, explain. Nobody said that you were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          how does body structure affect metabolism?
          Quite simple really.

The structure of a persons body, specifically in regards to there ratio of lean muscle mass vs fat has a large effect on there resting metabolic rate. During exercise, two people both weighing 200 pounds, one has a higher percentage of muscle mass, the other has a higher percentage of fat, they both can burn the same amount of calories during exercise. However when they are at resting heart rate the person with the leaner body mass will burn calories at a higher rate than the person with a higher fat percentage.

Another example of body structure is the three body types, ectomoprh, mesomorph and endomorph. An ectomoprh (very tall) will have a larger weight contribution to bone mass among other things, thus, there BMR (resting metabolic rate) will be higher.

Comment

Eating late? Doesn't he stop up all night anyway? It was probably lunch time for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              If I didn't, then I wouldn't have disagreed. Simple disagreement.

Don't be one of those types that thinks that they know more about this stuff than anyone, please.

Now if you can explain it, then please, explain. Nobody said that you were wrong.
              Well, simple disagreeing for the sake of it doesn't really prove anything except unwillingness to commit to a discussion.

Anyway, I'll explain it short and simple.

Genes are what make up your body type and structure. Your genes decide whether you have a higher percentage of bone weight/density than others, they also decide how tall or short you are, your muscular structure and other things. Your metabolism is a combination of all these things and more, thus, your genes are directly related to what your metabolic rate will be (higher or lower compared to others).

You can not have a "better" metabolic rate than someone else in regards to a comparison, because your metabolic rate is specific to you, your lifestyle and everything which you are created from. It's useless compare it to other people because nobody is identical.

I hope you understand it better now.
              Last edited by T18Z; 09-11-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post

People do not have high or low metabolisms per say - that is another myth. Your metabolism reflects your lifestyle, genes and body structure perfectly, there is no high or low metabolism.
                Isn't this a contradiction?

Comment

mayweather is usually up late. who knows what time of the day it was for him

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                    Isn't this a contradiction?
                    I suppose you could think of it that way, but I don't think it is. It's probably because I said high/low, if I said fast/slow then that should make more sense.

Yes, you can have a higher metabolism than somebody else, or a lower, but that is pointless in even discussing, because your metabolism is specific to you and only you, so there is no point of comparisons or targets to beat, because nobody has the attributes that you do. High/low and fast/slow are words that are used when you are making comparisons, and that isn't possible really when it comes to individuals.
                    Last edited by T18Z; 09-11-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I don't think he's gaining that much. He needs to retain his speed and bulking up could jeopardize that.

Comment

Working...
                      X