Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer can Rios relay on his POWER to get kats out???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    It was a good win for rios but in no way was he winning the fight and for sure he shouldnt have been ahead on cards. I gave him one round so i for one am happy it ended the way it did cause if not then we would have another TR controversy
    Rios was backing up Alvarado the majority of the time in a classic head to head battle. the judges see that and count it.

Comment

Avarado had more shots landing through the early rounds but when Rios landed it shook Alvarado EVERY time. His punches effected Alvarado more and more to the point where Alvarado had enough!
      Anyone who thinks the fight was stopped early is a fool looking to see a young man get hurt! He was helpless and could not defend!!! Period!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Grimm
        alvarado was bigger then rios

btw not a rios fan
        that's not what he means.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          And Rios-Alvarado was not a draw up to the stoppage how the cards were showing. I had given Rios the 1st round and that was it (maybe 2 rounds). And Im not even gonna talk about the stoppage.
          I honestly had it even. I don't see how you can give either fighter only 1 rnd. That's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            He steps in the ring with Matthysse and his hype ends.
            that fight would be ****in insanity. man i want that fight

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              I have so why does that matter?

So the Abril fight wasn't fixed? What a coincidence Abril was at the presser and just decided to smack Rios or whatever. Rios got a gift and it was more obvious cause Arum had already mentioned putting Rios in the ring vs Pacquiao/Marquez. You mean to tell me Rios was winning that fight on Saturday night? Alvarado was hurt but not completely out. And as I stated before, he was in the progress of trying to clinch when the ref jumped in to stop the fight. What if Alvarado had been successful in clinching? We saw in the Corrales-Castillo fight what a little breather can do for you. Especially in that type of fight.

I should be banned for stating my opinion.

Umm I brought up the Acosta AND Abril fight to backup my point that a boxer would beat Rios. A pure boxer who's not undersized.
              The reason why it matters that if you fought before is because someone that has, can appreciate a little bit better the sport,I really doubt you have.About you being banned is because you are accusing people to have been bought and you know what happened to lopez for doing the same...Here is my 2 million dollar question..if you say top rank buys everybody,why paquiao lost against bradley?

Comment

Originally posted by Vsec View Post
                I honestly had it even. I don't see how you can give either fighter only 1 rnd. That's crazy.
                Yeah, I don't see anything too strange about the score cards. A draw seemed about right. Having one fighter up 4-2 instead of 3-3 isn't crazy. Alvarado was the busier fighters, but Rios was having a lot of moments at the end of rounds where he seemed to stun Alvarado. He probably stole a round or two from the judges off of those moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                  Yeah, I don't see anything too strange about the score cards. A draw seemed about right. Having one fighter up 4-2 instead of 3-3 isn't crazy. Alvarado was the busier fighters, but Rios was having a lot of moments at the end of rounds where he seemed to stun Alvarado. He probably stole a round or two from the judges off of those moments.
                  I am telling you. he KO'ed him so there is no controversy...People can say the fight was stopped early but that is really a personal opinion,I thought it was done correctly..

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                    People can keep hating on Rios and he can keep decimating guys in the ring. He just brutally beat up and stopped a TOUGH quality opponent. He will fight whoever and doesn't care. Rios chin is sick, he took every flush bomb from Mike and kept walking through them. Sure he is not the prettiest fighter or most skilled fighter, but he is what he is. I don't know why people hate on him. Did he judge the Abril fight? Was it his fault he got a controversial win? No it wasn't. Sure he is a limited fighter still, he always will be. Just like Gatti was, just like Katsidis is, etc. They are who they are and they are amazing to watch. I think at 140-147 Rios can still be successful, but no way any higher than that. His power and chin won't be enough at 154.
                    good post green sent.........

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                      I was with you until then..........everything you said after that is essentially irrelevant....
                      How so? You bolded and told me to elaborate as to why I said the cards were fixed so I did.
                      Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                      the guy doesn't even buckle at the knees when hit with a big shot. pretty scary for the other guy.
                      So Alvarado never had Rios hurt?
                      Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                      Rios was backing up Alvarado the majority of the time in a classic head to head battle. the judges see that and count it.
                      There's a difference between being backed up and stepping back to box from the outside.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Grimm
                      alvarado was bigger then rios

btw not a rios fan
                      If you read my other post I stated A PURE BOXER. Alvarado could've outboxed Rios but it's in his blood to brawl. He will always go back to it or end up doing so.
                      Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                      The reason why it matters that if you fought before is because someone that has, can appreciate a little bit better the sport,I really doubt you have.About you being banned is because you are accusing people to have been bought and you know what happened to lopez for doing the same...Here is my 2 million dollar question..if you say top rank buys everybody,why paquiao lost against bradley?
                      You're entitled to your own opinion and I have nothing to prove to you. And did you really go there with Pacquiao-Bradley? Don't be a blind sheep. Or you can choose to be for your agenda's sake.

Juanma is a super star who made the claims on national TV. Why the hell would the ban me for making such claim? In that case 90% of these forums would be banned. You want them to sue me too? You're taking it a little too serious.

Comment

Working...
                      X