This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Star players will rise to the occasion but star players and a great manager will overcome only star players.
    Yeah, that's why Madrid won the league so easily this season.

It's a hilarious analogy. Players play well, down to the players. Players play badly, down to the manager. Of course this only applies to managers that people don't like. Other way round for Mourinho though, obviously.

I really hope your players and management aren't concerned by us next season either.

Comment

• No. I am sure Mourinho would take you lot seriously. As a supporter, I have faith that mourinho would flat out, out-manage mancini. So, I am unconcerrned as a result.

You guys have a lot of star power but you gotta be blind if you can't see City relied heavily on experienced star players will-to-win, rather than any specific tactical briliance. This season. It was pretty obvious.

There were times when it looked like the players simply stopped listening to mancini full stop and just pulled games out of the L column by their desire to win.

Comment

• Id say mourinho has failed at madrid tbh.. all that money.. the best player in the world..

One league title and some bum trophies is not a great haul.. failed to convert 3 semi finals into finals..

pretty poor going..

A scottish legend like moyes will have a field day if he dares come back to the bpl. Getting everton into the cl>>>anything jose has done imo

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Some big bets put on Pellegrini to become our next manager over the last 24hours,
          Skybet giving him at 1/6 and Roberto admitting he could be on the way out.

Sad, I don't want him to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            Some big bets put on Pellegrini to become our next manager over the last 24hours,
            Skybet giving him at 1/6 and Roberto admitting he could be on the way out.

Sad, I don't want him to go.
            It would be a poor show to sack Mancini especially if he wins the cup again tomorrow. Since taking over he's qualified for the Champ's league, won the FA cup, won the league and finished second with a shot at the FA Cup once more in just four seasons. Compare that to Ferguson's fist four seasons in charge.

Comment

• It does look like the deal could be done already.

Will be gutted tbh, especially if we win tomorrow. I do rate Pellegrini though for what it's worth.

Bobby is a City legend whatever happens in my eyes.

Comment

• Guess-man out? Not surprised but the sheik better be cautious. A lateral move may do more harm than good.

Jupp Heynckes hasn't ruled out a return. If a big club gives him an offer he would consider not retiring. His own words.

Comment

• Bet Mourinho wishes he could've guessed his way to another final this year.

Comment

• Lol I am sure he wished he did. Mourinho does some random ass shyt too and wins trophies because of it. Difference with Mancini and Mourinho is. Mourinho is an elite level manager. Mancini is a solid domestic cup manager.

Don't worry. City is still loaded with talent. They aren't gonna disappear without Mancini.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Mancini is a solid domestic cup/multiple league title winning manager.
                      Got that right.

Guessed his way into building the core of Mourinho's CL winning team as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X