Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo is a future ATG without doubt, he's 23 years old for crying out loud

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's gonna have a short career. He's peaking early and will be washed up early. He's in his prime right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      After Maidana beats Mayweather again in the rematch he will gain a PPV with Canelo and then on Canelo will win it and be crowned the biggest icon in boxing.
      This could actually happen, not Maidana winning but having Canelo face a WW. Since facing 3 guys in his weight division he arguably lost every fight. No wonder he doesn't want to move up to MW, he can't fight the small guys anywmore.

Comment

I used to hate on the kid before the Trout fight. But man, having fought Trout, Mayweather, Angulo, and Lara made me a fan. This guy really does have a throw back mentality, and actually wants to fight the best of the best. Can't knock him for that. Neither Floyd or Pacquiao would have the balls to face Lara cause he's an extremely high risk, and low reward type of fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
          He's good for his age for sure, but I find it very difficult to warm to him due to the gift scorecards he gets in many of his fights(He's got at least one gift scorecard in 3 of his last 4 fights). Also, calling him a future ATG is laughable. If he was he'd have dominated at least one world class opponent.
          This^^

That last fight against Lara didn't really do anything to seperate himself from the rest of the pack at 154 as the absolute best. The only opponents he's dominated are the lighter ones coming up and a war torn Angulo. I like Canelo a lot, but as usual on this site fighters get overrated coming off wins. Heck it wasn't even a clear cut win.

Comment

Originally posted by hondamonkey View Post
            There will always be young hungry trout and Lara like opponents that pop up. That you can guarantee. I also think that because his career has elevated so quickly, he will be either out the game or significantly less significant by the time he is 30yrs old. He has a lot going against him...he's small for middleweight but perfect for JMW. He will not be able to stay at 154 for the rest of his career. He will be another Cotto with an honorable HOF career.
            at this point he is the young hungry lion, and he is getting better, i wouldnt think the trouts will be a big problem on canelos future, and to find fighters as defensive as floyd or lara its going to be tough specially in a short period of time and in the same division, you have the andrades or the charlos but defensively they are not as good...
            anyways time will tell, if he keeps fighting good opposition he may not beat them all but neither oscar did ... but people will appreciate more ...

Comment

Working...
            X