No announcement yet.

Fat Dan Rafael - Twitter beef with other Boxer writers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Dan Rafael - Twitter beef with other Boxer writers

So Boxing writer Michael Woods who used to work with Fat Dan at ESPN but left the company recently went on twitter to criticize the way Dan does his job, they exchanged a lot of tweets that wont fit here so i just post the highlights

The reason why im starting this thread is that even though i think Dan does a good job covering the sport, he disrespects fighters and fans way too much. If you go on his twitter page and read the way he responds to fans asking him simple questions is at times very rude and im glad a former coworker has the balls to call him out on that.

Michael Woods @Woodsy1069 · 12 Std.
    Yes, it is true, I don't care for how @danrafaelespn condescends to fans and disses fighters with such flippancy. Fans pay our bills...

...and a fighter who competes deserves our respect. I'm not afraid to state this most publicly, on this forum. Consider this a gesture...

...on behalf of the fans who feel dissed and fighters who have been maligned, but fear speaking up.

People fear loss of access, or what have you, and don't speak truth to power. So **** that shouldn't go on does. It's bull****, I'm over it

Toe jokes are ****ing stupid. There, I said it.

Michael Woods ***8207;@Woodsy1069 1 Tag
    ...someone to publicly give him some of the medicine he dishes out on a regular basis, let him see how it feels for a change.

Dan replied a lil later

Dan Rafael ***8207;@danrafaelespn 1 Tag
    @Woodsy1069 LOL. Dramatic much? And, by the way, I was disappointed plug was pulled on your blog when the sponsor decided it wasnt worth it.

@Woodsy1069 Seems like ya got some issues. Good luck with the new gig.

Michael Woods ***8207;@Woodsy1069 1 Tag
    @danrafaelespn And if you apply for another HBO job, good luck with that.

@Woodsy1069 FYI: I never applied for anything. Including my gig at ESPN. They came to me.

No one loves a fat man these days. Dan has acrimony coming from everywhere. Professional jealousy by many because he has a good gig but doesn't have boxing "eyes" and has stupid takes. His best asset is reporting the news, which he does well.

Comment

He's a terrible excuse for a journalist. Has huge resources compared to almost every other boxing writer in the sport, and does absolutely nothing with them. A lot of the shit that goes on in this sport would be much more difficult to pull off if it wasn't for tamed journalists like Dan Rafael.

Comment

I like him, he's pro Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          He's a terrible excuse for a journalist. Has huge resources compared to almost every other boxing writer in the sport, and does absolutely nothing with them. A lot of the shit that goes on in this sport would be much more difficult to pull off if it wasn't for tamed journalists like Dan Rafael.
          Yeah that's the huge knock against him. Mike Woods is one of the good guys in the sport, one of the few that genuinely cares. I wonder what happened with ESPN.

Comment

I enjoy reading Dan's articles tbh. He gives a lot of background knowledge which admittedly gets posted on here as well, but i imagine more people are likely to check ESPN's boxing page than trawl through the thousands of threads that get posted on here every month.

Yeah he's fat, but that doesn't bother me. I'm more interesting in his journalistic ability than what he eats for breakfast.

Comment

I've heard alot of people say Fat Dan is a douchebag in real life

He works for ESPN which has a bias towards certain fighters. They always have.

Comment

I actually like Dan.
                In boxing many rumors float around, many things are said that aren't true, and Dan always waits to verify things before he reports on them.

I don't know how many times I read about a fight being done, and a deal being struck, only to find out that it isn't true. But when Dan reports it, it's usually accurate.

I don't care if he's a douche, I don't talk to the guy or deal with him, I just read his articles.

Comment

loool why the dan hate? i met the guy myself a couple times and seemed friendly enough and he knows what he's talking about...well 70% of the time anyway. he's a lot better than a lot of the fanboy arse kisser parading as journalists.

Comment

He needs to lay off the cake.

Comment

Working...
                    X