Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, was Cotto washed up all year or only after Trout beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Cotto never proved that he can hang at 154. His first real test was Trout and he failed.
    This. He campaigns at a weight division that doesn't suit him. More often than not, he'll find himself at some sort of physical disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I'm not saying that I agree, but the simple honesty found within this post seems to be the resounding thoughts throughout this website. And if it is, it wasn't fair to Cotto & isn't fair to Trout now.
      Many of the same people that blasted Pacquiao for years by saying Cotto was "ruined" and "shot" were the ones saying Cotto was near prime before the Mayweather fight. Its not exactly rocket science to see what changed their minds.

Maybe washed up is too much, but Margarito and Pacquiao ruined Cotto. I don't understand why Foreman, Mayorga, and a shell of Margarito would make anyone think otherwise.

Comment

Cotto isn't washed up. No version of Cotto would have faired any better against Trout than the version that we saw fight him. Trout is simply too big and skilled for Cotto. Cotto is not big enough to really compete against an elite jmw and its funny watching people readily admit that when they refuse to admit that when it comes to a certain other fighter who's even smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Many of the same people that blasted Pacquiao for years by saying Cotto was "ruined" and "shot" were the ones saying Cotto was near prime before the Mayweather fight. Its not exactly rocket science to see what changed their minds.

Maybe washed up is too much, but Margarito and Pacquiao ruined Cotto. I don't understand why Foreman, Mayorga, and a shell of Margarito would make anyone think otherwise.
          Who do you think wins, if the rumors are true between Trout & ginger?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            Cotto isn't washed up. No version of Cotto would have faired any better against Trout than the version that we saw fight him. Trout is simply too big and skilled for Cotto. Cotto is not big enough to really compete against an elite jmw and its funny watching people readily admit that when they refuse to admit that when it comes to a certain other fighter who's even smaller.
            Hey goldie, is this (certain) other fighter maybe considered a pfp king & the greatest of current fighters?? Because if so, why would we compare him to the good, but not great Cotto?? How do you hold a greater fighter to the standard of a lesser fighter. Furthermore the great Roberto Duran fought middleweights & higher, was he much bigger than that (certain) fighter you speak of??

Comment

Floyd: Cotto wasn't the same fighter after he fought me. WTF.

IMO. trout even did slightly better than Floyd. Floyd was hit clean with a lot of jabs in the nose while trout fought a slicker and cagey style. its not all about trout being too big, he just have the style to make cotto look like that. Cotto has enough left in the tank and was the same fighter after margo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                I'm not saying that I agree, but the simple honesty found within this post seems to be the resounding thoughts throughout this website. And if it is, it wasn't fair to Cotto & isn't fair to Trout now.
                Why do you continually take an opinion shared by a small minority of very vocal but not widely respected posters and act like it represents the whole group?

Cotto wasn't washed up before floyd or before trout. He just lost to 2 better boxers.

Comment

Washed up? I wouldn't say that....but clearly not what he was and also unproven at 154.

Comment

Trout isnt that good,just a bad style for Cotto,Canelo will punish Trout

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Why do you continually take an opinion shared by a small minority of very vocal but not widely respected posters and act like it represents the whole group?

Cotto wasn't washed up before floyd or before trout. He just lost to 2 better boxers.
                      In fact I actually believe that Cotto wasn't washed up in either fight, that he was indeed fat & healthy for both & he did lose to 2 better fighters.

But there are posters like Burner, who when I said Trout beats Cotto posted vigorously on Cotto's behalf. But after Trout beat him, now Trout beat a faded fighter. He's supposed to be 1 of the more knowledgeable fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X