Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are mainstream musicians besides singers considered not good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VersaBan View Post
    I'm red k'ing anyone that brings up the Vanilla Ice comparison...

I've heard this from musicians like Metallica, Tim McGraw, and Jay-Z, and Sean Paul. And there always seems to be a lot of unknowns that are better. I in my opinion, if they were that good they would be known more. But I think if they started to get too good that they'd be considered garbage in a whole as artist. I just think it's the cool thing to do, and to name artist people don't know and say they're way better. I just find it hilarious that these great complex unknowns aren't getting air time like Nas. Or is Nas garbage also?
    Take this any way you want to but I'm about to drop some knowledge on you young blood.

I don't blame you for liking the music that you like and it's not all bad. Music, like most other art forms, transitions from the local scene, to the national and world wide scene. When that happens, the artists is in less control, and the powers that be that pay for the studio time, record to be made and what is "hot" start taking over.

It's the reason that almost every first album tends to be the best or close to the best because the artists is hungry. It's like a boxer, when he isn't a champion, he thinks of nothing more than to be a champion. He is hungry, he wants to be great and nothing can get in the way of becoming that.

Then he becomes rich and famous and he loses that drive.

There are better artists than what you see commercially but they might not have the "whole package" like the looks, sex appeal or marketability. So studios don't give them the time of day.

Also, the reality is that good music and good art in general aren't something that can just be understood by most people. It's the same reason McDonalds sells a billion hamburgers and a good home cooked meal goes unnoticed.

I'm actually glad that real hip hop is back underground, because it's like Punk Music, it's never meant to be for the masses. It's meant to be for a select few people.

Comment

Working...
    X